“Diving with friends”

South Sea Divers
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Sabang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1983 our relaxed and friendly dive shop has been conveniently located right on Sabang Beach in Puerto Galera, Philippines. Within a 10 minute boat ride you can enjoy a wide range of scuba diving experiences; from exploring wrecks and leisurely drift dives in shallow bays, to challenging depth and exciting current dives.We dive only in small Groups and are happy to cater for individual needs and wishes.
Doha, Qatar
“Diving with friends”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the first things I noticed, when I started diving with SSD, was that many of the customers had already been diving with them before. They all seemed to have enjoyed the care and friendliness of the well seasoned team, the quality of the equipment and, above all, the professionalism of the dive-masters, boat crew and instructors so much that they always came back for more.
As for the dive sites, the location offers a great number of choices, spanning from easy shallow dives in colorful coral gardens or fishing boat wrecks to more challenging deep or drift dives. And the fact that the proximity of the dive sites to the dive shop allows one to come back ashore during the surface intervals and enjoy a snack or a rest back at the hotel makes the experience that much more relaxing.
I could go on and on with my praise, but maybe suffice to say that to this day, I have been back to SSD 6 times.
Keep up the good work, guys!

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

South Sea Diver... S, Owner at South Sea Divers, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Richard. Thank you so much for you comments of South Sea Divers, we are happy you enjoyed your diving with us and hope you'll be coming back for more. Sky and Paul

Göteborg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of the best”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Did my Divemaster here in December 2012. Did not know much about the dive center before I got there, but I had a friend that recommended SSD. Well I wasn't disappointed, they treated me really well during the month I was there. The diving is good and they keep the groups small.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jesper E
South Sea Diver... S, Owner at South Sea Divers, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed your time here. We certainly enjoyed having you around. Hope to see you again on the beach so we can blow some more bubbles together
Osaka, Japan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great personal service & diving w/locals at this cozy, friendly dive shop!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After checking some other shops on Sabang beach, I did a dozen dives with South Sea Divers in Aug. 2013, and had a great time with each one.
The veteran American owner Sky (there since 1981) and my dive guides Amil (17 years with Sky!) and Kim, as well as the office manager Cherry, all made me feel like family during my week there. (Thanks, folks!)

Most of my morning dives (around 9am) I was joined by a couple of local guys (Australian & Belgian) who live there and dive regularly with South Sea Divers, so I really felt like a "temporary local" rather than just a touristic customer.

The dive sites were all great (from wrecks to giant clams to swim throughs), and I loved how I could get there in about 10 minutes in one of their many motor boats (not bangas), then do the dive, and then get back on shore to relax in my room for an hour before going out again before noon for a 2nd dive. (A 3rd dive in the afternoon was also possible.)

Equipment was all perfect (I rented everything), and prices were good: They had a low-season deal of 6 dives for 7000 Php, which I realized later was a good bargain, especially with the great service. I was planning on just one dive package, but it was all so good that I doubled down!
{For the record, I've got a PADI Advance Open Water license, with over 100 dives logged in Thailand, Egypt, Mexico, Vietnam, Australia, Bali, Jordan, Philippines elsewhere, etc.}

I highly recommend that independent travelers do their Puerto Galera diving with South Sea Divers. They can handle anything from first-timers to advanced courses. www.southseadivers.com
email: dive@southseadivers.com

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for such a nice review, we are pleased that you enjoyed our service.............we hope that next time you are here in the Philippines you'll come back for some more bottom time. :)
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional diveshop”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am a keen user of tripadvisor reviews but don't write many - only if there's something new to say. Not many reviews of this place so I'm adding one. There are about 50 diveshops in Sabang. South Sea is one of the longest established, but is a small and intimate outfit rather then one of the huge high throughput shops. As a first time visitor, I was hooked up with the place by my hotel but I found the small number of fellow divers there to include quite a few repeat visitors and residents - always a good sign. Atmosphere was friendly, equipment was in good condition, guiding was professional and proficient. I have no hesitation in recommending them and on a future visit I would return to the same shop.

A general note on cash in Sabang. Prices charged by most diveshops are similar. Everyone adds 5% to credit cards. There is only one ATM in Sabang, which takes only Visa (not Mastercharge), for a 200P fee.

Visited August 2013
Hi Andrew. Thank you so much for your kind words about my dive shop..........we always try to do the best we can with all our guests. It feels good to read positive reviews such as yours, thanks again and hope to see ya in the near future. Sky
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A gem of a place ...”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sabang beach has a number of dive shops to choose from, but after dropping in and having a chat with the owner, it was an easy choice to make and I am extremely happy and my decision to dive with South Sea... The dive team had a huge knowledge of the local dive sites and a very professional regard with safety and diving etiquette. The shop itself is situated along Sabang beach and within a stones throw of the ocean.From my first dive to the last I was grateful for the service I received in the shop to the actual dives ... I can not speak highly enough of the team and will happily use these guys again.. Thanks South Sea Divers.

Visited May 2013
Hey George...............Thank you so much for your review of my dive shop............sounds as if you did enjoy your diving vacation with us and we hope to see you again soon. Sky