The views of the valley itself would be enough, the outdoor heated Spa, the fireplace, the 3 course dinners - though the altitude limits your ability to indulge - the top level service, their own produce, the baby lamas, the transfers to/from Arequipa all mean a great experience. It is really an amazing and unique place.
You do need to watch the bill as they seemed confused in my case. But reasonable and stuck to the agreed rates. 5 stars otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Las Casitas is Peru’s hidden gem. Surrounded by the peace and serenity of Colca Canyon, this collection of luxurious bungalows and fabulous spa offers the ultimate Andean retreat. Blending effortlessly with the natural environment, this secluded 20-room hideaway offers a rare opportunity to experience the traditional beauty of Peru. Spot condors high overhead, hike through the sprawling fields or visit the hotel’s farm. Spend time in harmony with the astounding nature and warm local communities of this lush valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Las Casitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Del Colca By Orient-Express Hotel Yanque
- Las Casitas Del Colca Canyon
- Belmond Las Casitas Peru/Colca Canyon - Yanque