this was my second visit to colca canyon.first time i went in 2009 with afriend.i like the place so much that i decided to go with my DH.FIRST TIME HOTEL WAS MANAGED BY ORIENT EXPRESS & NOW BY GHLHOTELS.Ihad concern regarding the change of properitership & management of the hotel,but all was put to rest when i arrived at the hotel.the hotel looked the same,with beautiful casitas,great service & beautiful landscape.this time i had a car/driver,so i was able to go out daily to visit various villages like pincholo,lari maca & crossed the canyon to other side by driving down the valley.hotel serves great breakfast(eggs,toast cereal ,cheese,meat yogart etc).i never took lunch,but the menu looked good.after all day excursion it was great to attend cooking class they offer(free one time)second time they charged 10 us$.i do not understand that policy i was the only guest that evening.i had dinner once & being vegetarian i was served great meal.i loved walking around the green houses & eating gooseberry & tomatoes off the plants.they also have some lama,goat,for kids to feed .hotel does offer excursions but i found them to be expensive & did all the excursions on my own.Over all i was delighted to spend the time in colca canyon & inspite of being so remote from civilization hotel offered all the facility you imagine.free internet acess,nice heated pool in patio.you can sit at night & view beautful sky with million of stars.Room had nice fireplace,heated floor,great bathroom with tub bath & indoor & great outdoor shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Las Casitas is Peru’s hidden gem. Surrounded by the peace and serenity of Colca Canyon, this collection of luxurious bungalows and fabulous spa offers the ultimate Andean retreat. Blending effortlessly with the natural environment, this secluded 20-room hideaway offers a rare opportunity to experience the traditional beauty of Peru. Spot condors high overhead, hike through the sprawling fields or visit the hotel’s farm. Spend time in harmony with the astounding nature and warm local communities of this lush valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Las Casitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casitas Del Colca By Orient-Express Hotel Yanque
- Las Casitas Del Colca Canyon
- Belmond Las Casitas Peru/Colca Canyon - Yanque