Attended a family wedding and managed to pick up a (very) last minute room.
The wedding, organisation and food were all second to none, absolutely perfect in fact!
Our room however was extremely disappointing in comparison. When I asked my husband if we had a nice view of the grounds I thought he was joking when he said the 'room' had.... NO WINDOWS!!! The only natural light was provided through two skylights. I think this should be mentioned when booking (We would have taken it anyway but with our expectations managed!) , to be honest I think this 'room' should be classed in the circumstances as a 5 star cupboard, with a room rate to reflect that. Never have I stayed in a hotel where I could not look out a window! The bathroom was also of poor standard... Functional, but in no was becoming of such a lovely hotel.
In summary fantastic wedding but would have been devastated if I had intended on spending any time in my luxury cupboard and as a result would be unlikely to stay over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Scotland