My husband and I stayed in room 208 (a deluxe) at the end of March. The hotel oozes Old World Charm and the parkland were we walked off our breakfast is wonderful. However, there are a few cosmetic issues that need to be addressed in the room to make it fabulous. In the bathroom some patches of black mould seen on the tiles, two areas were wallpaper was starting to peel, sash rope on one of the windows broken preventing it being opened and some obvious marks on couches and chair. On a positive note, staff very friendly and helpful, food in the Orangery delicious and cocktails excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Scotland