My Husband and I went to Balbirnie House for an overnight after recieving a bubbles and truffles voucher as a wedding present. Where to begin...... We were shown to our deluxe suite to find a bottle of champagne and truffles waiting for us. The bedroom was huge and provided us with a perfect romantic setting.
We booked our dinner for seven o'clock and went down to the lounge area for drinks around 6.30 pm. After being served we were attended by the staff who took our order for dinner straight away, we didn't even manage to finish our drinks when we were informed that our meal was ready.
We went through to the Orangery where we were greeted by the staff and promptly served one of the best meals we have ever tasted. Everything on offer was freshly cooked and the attention to detail was outstanding. After finishing our dinner we were served coffee in the lounge area where we were able to relax and enjoy the rest of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balbirnie House is a quite unique multi-award winning country house hotel which combines understated luxury with superb service and outstanding value. Widely acknowledged as one of the finest of the privately owned small luxury hotels in Scotland, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit. Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balbirnie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balbirnie House Hotel Markinch
- Balbirnie House Markinch, Scotland