“Coyote”

Restaurant Laguna Mar
Cuisines: International, South American, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Full Service Restaurant Y Lounge 7 Days a week Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - Bocas - Deserts and Snacks. Full Bar
Ghent, Belgium
“Coyote”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel Laguna Mar is not on the beach (though only a short drive away) and is situated in a little village about 1/2 block off the main (dirt) road. The architecture is unique from anything I've seen in Costa Rica. The pool is L-shaped, with cool water, and there is a jacuzzi as well. Lighting in the courtyard at night is enhanced by large cubes that change between soft, gentle, soothing (not glaring) colors. The rooms are spotlessly clean, with very appealing lighting, high quality bedding, dependable wifi, large showers, quality bath products, and we saw no bugs.

Visited July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Seafood Ever!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There is nothing to dislike! Ask Pablo what's on the menu that night and listen to the man's recommendations. Five dinners at Laguna Mar, five amazing meals in a row. Food and drinks - top notch!

Visited May 2013
“I can't put my finger on it, but something's missing.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Maybe it was the overly Californian modern contemporary black and white design, maybe it was such professional photographs of the place making it look more pretentious than it really is... I can't put my finger on it, I'm gonna take a big leap here and say I question the validity of some reviews here. I encourage you to check this place out in person, compare it with other places around this area, before booking it. The concept and design, I can dig it as a fan of modern design myself, however, perhaps it doesn't scream Costa Rica, the pool also seems to be narrow and small (5' wide by 35' maybe).

For the price though, it is justifiable. The food is decent, the service is okay, I only say okay only because once this other gentleman has showed up to this place in his land rover and sat down 20 minutes after I had ordered, his burger combo came out before mine, from what I could see in terms of how the staff were around him, he must've either been a relative of the owner or an investor that funded the place perhaps. All in all, the wait time was 40 minutes, but cold beer definitely helps, and unless you're really hungry, what's the hurry?

Visited April 2013
Drew C, Owner at Restaurant Laguna Mar, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
YYZ2zZzZz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. I invite you to come back to our restaurant and give us a second try. We pride ourselves in having the best food, drink and service in the area. If you would like to return to Laguna Mar for dinner, I will offer you a complimentary chef's tasting and a beverage of your choice.

Each day we strive to improve our quality and service , we want our guests to be 100% satisfied at all times. I am sorry to learn you were not completely satisfied, and I want to make it right!

Please contact me directly drew@lagunamarhotel.com, to make a reservation for your complimentary tasting, and if you would like to stay with us I will offer you a complimentary upgrade (subject to availability and advance reservations required)

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review it helps us continue to improve and understand the needs of our guests.
toronto canada
“Gourmet meals in laid back Costa Rican paradise”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Chef Pablo goes the extra mile to make sure you enjoy his food. Small restaurant with friendly service - often by the chef himself. Wonderful food in a quiet backwater.

Kelowna, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This restaurant is delicious! Great food, service and a great happy hour, 2 for 1 beers. You won't regret eating here!

Visited February 2013