“Gorgeous Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Hotel Laguna Mar

Hotel Laguna Mar
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I spent a few days at Hotel Laguna Mar in May. Not only were the rooms modern and beautiful, the staff was amazing and the food incredible. When I arrived, I was greeted by a hostess with complimentary cocktails and a list of things to do in the area. This hotel is first class all the way. I stayed at several other hotels during my visit to Costa Rica but Laguna Mar was by far the nicest and most modern. Internet access in the rooms, big screen tvs, a gorgeous pool and bar, and most of all - excellent service. There is someone on call 24/7 to take care of any need you have - including a snack at 3am. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates beautiful boutique hotels in the middle of a rain forest. I cannot wait to go back!!!! Thanks Hotel Laguna Mar!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife , son and I just got back from a weekend trip to the Nicoya area . We own a small boutique hotel ourselves in Costa Rica We went specificly to see this hotel . Its a new hotel , pretty much in the middle of no where , but the facility is top notch.
Drew has done an amazing job of putting it all together and is a pioneer for the area , and despite the south beach theme may seem out of place for where it is , it still works . Its comfortable , artistic, creative and fun.
My hat goes off to Chef Pablo He provided us with some amazing meals . I really mean AMAZING, and I would drive back there on those back roads just to have another meal there . The team that staffs the place all get excellent grades from this cowboy. You can see they work together in a spirit of cooperation and enjoy what they do . Good luck to you all and thanks for a great time
Gary and Catalina

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LasCascadasTheFalls
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently spent a full week at Laguna Mar. It was the perfect getaway!

The facility itself is absolutely beautiful. I would classify it as a luxury boutique hotel. Everything was perfectly appointed with no detail overlooked -- from complimentary drinks upon arrival and fresh flower accents in the bathrooms to the more practical creature comforts like extremely effective room darkening shades and air conditioning (both of which were very important!). The rooms were fashionably decorated and immaculately clean. If the penthouse is available, you should ask for it -- the private balcony was delightful!

The staff were just as impressive. The owner, Drew, was extremely friendly, helpful, and generous. He personally took my friend and me on a tour of the area on one of our first days there to give us the lay of the land. He also provided us with helpful pointers on the best place for first-time zip-liners, local attractions (like the Butterfly Farm), and good restaurants. The other members of the staff were equally accommodating -- Angelica was super-sweet, booked all of our tours for us, and is fully bilingual. Michael (who might be the nicest man I've ever met) was available 24/7 for any of our needs, made sure we always had a cold beverage while sitting by the pool, and was never without a genuine smile.

Finally, the setting. It is perfect. Remote and secluded without being isolated. The roads are unpaved and a little rough, but add to the adventure. You are essentially in the middle of a jungle (we sat at breakfast while watching monkeys swing in the trees) yet walking distance from a beach -- with one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. The daily fresh mangoes from the property were fantastic, as well!

Overall, I'd say Laguna Mar was the perfect place to unplug and recharge for a week. We were close to many adventures (e.g., kayaking, horseback riding, zip-lining) but able to completely decompress and relax when we wanted to. A big thanks to everyone at Laguna Mar for an absolutely wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

While driving from Samara to Montezuma in Costa Rica, our rental car met an unfortunate fate at the hands of one of the infamous mountain roads. Luckily, we stumbled upon Hotel Laguna Del Mar while waiting for the tow truck. Immediately we were offered full access to the services and amenities while we waited. As the hours passed we decided to get a room: Absolutely clean and very well appointed. The meal at the restaurant downstairs was nothing short of phenomenal- the house special ravioli is easily the best I have ever had. The service deserves a 10 rating minimum.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Drew (owner) is very unique and takes care to insure every customer is happy. The one tip for anyone going here by car, drive an adequate 4 wheel drive so you can fully enjoy the trip as many sites are rough terrain.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was one of my best vacations ever. The hotel it self was beautiful, very clean, updated, accommodating in every way. The staff is very pleasant and attentive. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable. The chef is outstanding, for being such a picky eater myself, he never made a meal I didnt finish. While at the hotel I interacted with the neighbors and found them very friendly. The beaches are absolutely beautiful. The owner Drew has done an outstanding job with this hotel. My trip was very relaxing and enjoyable. I have not one bad or negative thing to say about this hotel or my stay. You must visit and see for yourself how wonderful it is. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Laguna Mar Hotel gets a five star rating for everything - charm, service, food, location and personnel. My family and I had a fabulous week-long vacation. Drew and his staff were attentive and made us feel welcome. They helped us plan our excursions each day including helping us hire two cars and drivers, who were also our guides. Pablos' food was spectacular. The fruit plate for breakfast is a must, as were the specials for dinner each evening. The beaches were exquisite as were the natural parks and Costa Rican scenery. Thank you, Drew for a fantastic vacation. I highly recommend Laguna Mar Hotel. Lynn from Baltimore, MD

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 7 in Playa Carrillo
Hotel Esperanza
Hotel Esperanza
#3 of 7 in Playa Carrillo

Been to Hotel Laguna Mar? Share your experiences!