WINNER WONDERLAND

Hotel Laguna Mar
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Hidden oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed at the hotel Laguna Mar for 3 days, was truly a treat in every aspect. The rooms are new and have every possible amenity, the restaurant/bar has amazing food, the pool area is relaxing. Most importantly, Drew and his staff are truly welcoming and genuinely warm people who enjoy their environment and assisting as necessary. A bit hard to find, but worth the effort. The beach is great and always uncrowded. Definitely will go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wow I really enjoyed this place, especially after the horrible hotel I just stayed at before arriving to this little gem of a hotel.
It's off the beaten path so it caught us off guard, but it was worth the drive! If you want to relax and be pampered, then this is the spot for you. Clean, posh, great service, amazing rooms, amazing restaurant and secure. I loved waking up to the monkeys and birds in the morning. Great beaches around too so go out and explore!
The owner of the place, Drew, was very helpful with lots of tips and ideas about the area and he was very inviting and friendly. We could tell that he just loves Costa Rica with all of his knowledge. Anjelica was so sweet and helpful and so was Michael. Great job everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful place, nice design for a small hotel. Excellent service!!! The staff provide us outstanding services. Very clean! I recommend it!!! Good quality, fair price! I visited playa Coyote and i enjoyed my stay! Social area of hotel laguna mar is beautiful, a pool, a jacuzzi, modern design.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grevargas
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I usually don't take the time to write reviews about my travel experiences however this hotel is an exception. All I could say was "WOW" when I walked up to this beautiful hotel from the entry way! We were greeted immediately by the staff with a couple of refreshing cocktails!
During our stay, the service was impeccable! Kudos to Michael! One of the staff members at the hotel! He was right on top of everything. Very eager to please.
Michael helped set us up with a fishing trip on my Birthday. When we returned to the Hotel with freshly caught fish, Michael immediately called the chef to come in, clean the fish and make a special Birthday dinner for me. The chef came and introduced himself to us and asked if I had any special requests for preparation of the fish. I asked for a Ceviche appetizer and Chefs choice for dinner. He did exactly as requested. He made an incredible Ceviche and fish dinner! I was very impressed!
The hotel had a booking for a large party that evening so, Michael set up tables and candles on the balcony of the top floor suite so that we could dine in private. Again! Service! Service! Service!
I'd also like to mention that they have thought of everything when it comes to creature comforts in the rooms. Ipod docking station, nice flat screen TV, good lighting in the bathroom (which is very important for us ladies), hanging wracks and mirror in the shower, additional pull out vanity mirror in the bathroom. What else can I say. I just recall saying to my man. "Wow" they have thought of everything.
They are doing it right here! Do yourself a favor and stay here if you are visiting this area of Costa Rica! You WILL NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda T
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but wow! Great room, staff is really nice and helpful, food was great. Hotel is in a really nice location, easy to get to, great for exploring the area and day trips, comfy beds too! We'd been a moto trip and it was nice to stay here and chill. Definitely want to stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said about this place. I live in NYC and when i go on vacation i want to be in the middle of no where, but am spoiled at the same time so I want some of the amenities that we have grown accustomed to. Laguna Mar, Angelica, Pablo, Drew and the rest of the gang could not have been more accommodating, pleasant and welcoming. Every day was an adventure for my wife and I, but at the same time relaxing when ever we wanted it to be. We love having little adventures and relaxing afterwards (fishing, golfing, kayaking, zip lining, etc...), and this was the perfect place. We cant wait to get back there with friends.

My favorite part of the trip was the estuary. You can get to this place in about 5mins driving or walking 15-20 mins from the hotel. PARADISE. At high tide the estuary would fill up with sea water and would be about a 6 foot deep private pool for us surrounded by nothing but groves, white cranes and wildlife. The edges of the pool were walls of sand, so you could literally dive into the pool of water. AMAZING. during low tide you can walk out into ankle deep water and discover all the wildlife and adventure the ocean brought in that day. I could be there forever.

Room Tip: You cant beat the price of the rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just returned from my first trip to Costa Rica and had a blast! Flew into San Jose, and then drove to Laguna Mar hotel. Was welcomed by a very kind staff (offering us drinks - thank you!). The hotel took my breath away - it was beautiful. Had dinner there most nights, and was introduced to Pablo, the EXCELLENT chef. I highly recommend eating there even if you aren't staying at the hotel. (Alberto, one of the bartenders, makes great sangria!). The rooms were very clean, and very reasonably priced. We were close to the beach, and the staff also set us up with other fun things to do in the area (like Mike's Butterfly Farm). The owner, Drew, was a phenomenal host. It is the perfect place to go for a relaxing, beautiful vacation in the real Costa Rica.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Playa Carrillo
Nammbu Beachfront Bungalows
Nammbu Beachfront Bungalows
#3 of 8 in Playa Carrillo

Been to Hotel Laguna Mar? Share your experiences!