First of all I'd like to apologize to Zene and Henner for how long it's taken us to write this review, but fresh off another adventure, this time to a couple Caribbean islands, we felt compelled to write about our experience last year. I'll make it short and sweet, if you want to stay in an all-inclusive, drink all day, eat yourself silly and have no interaction with the country you're in do not stay here! If you want an adventure and to interact with a wonderful culture, be secluded and rustic but yet have the ability relax by their wonderful pool...and have a few Imperials (so good) then do stay here. We hope to make it back someday, still a lot of adventuring to do, but we would come back in a heartbeat. Video is coming someday soon, I promise.
Also, if you want to do some fishing have them hook you up with Chico (which I highly recommend, totally reasonable price as well) and if you speak some Spanish ask him if he remembers the couple he took out that caught the Barracuda off the back of the boat, I'm guessing he probably hasn't forgotten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel