I had picked Cristal Azul because of the great reviews. I had never been to Costa Rica before so really had no idea where to stay. I had definitely made the right choice. After being there for a few days I checked out some of the other places we were maybe going to stay. Nothing really compares. Cristal Azul gives you a very personal experience and you really get a chance to feel like you are part of Costa Rica not just a tourist in a hotel. You wake up and walk out your door to the best ocean view and the jungle. The host and staff were so great and made you feel like family. Great food as well! Cristal Azul offers you an authentic experience that is really hard to get anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul offers discerning travelers the chance to enjoy barefoot luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await adventurous spirits in search of the ultimate in privacy, comfort, & tranquility. Set in a pristine and natural setting with only four ocean view cabinas and no public roads to reach us nor signs to point the way, we guarantee there is never a crowd at this private hilltop hotel. Take a step back to a quieter time and enjoy what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. Join us for lunch and dinners at LocosCocos, our surfside Cevicheria serving catch of the day fresh fish and seafood. 4WD and love of adventure required to reach this area! Private chef dinner service in the Rancho available for groups. Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel