What an amazing little pocket of paradise! My boyfriend and I went for a week and we can't stop talking about it and wondering when we can go back! It's hard to choose a favorite memory at Cristal Azul: the infinity pool on top of the world looking out at the ocean, the Rancho full of fun, great company, and delicious beer, the comfy cabinas secluded away complete with an outdoor shower, (so incredible) or the monkeys and toucans playing in the jungle-type landscape surrounding you while you bath in the sun enjoy fresh fruit? "Pura Vida" is sort of the motto in Costa Rica, and if anything lives up to this "pure life" lifestyle, it's Cristal Azul. Zene and Henner (the owners) really have something special here. They make you feel completely at home, with your every need tended to in the heavenly tropical getaway. It's a perfect romantic getaway or a fun, adventures family trip. Words can't describe this paradise and it's absolutely not to be missed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel