What struck me was when looking out from the Costa Rican mountains over the infinity pool at the pacific coastline.. That the owner distracted me by saying-- 'over here is the bar, make what you want whenever you want; just pencil it on your tab-- it's the honor system here,, when your here you're family..'
It really is like staying with relatives that happen to own a resort.. And the service is unrivaled. The owners literally make all the phone calls and drive you to where you want to be. I also found it very cool to not feel like a tourist,, this place is much off the beaten path which adds greatly to the character and romance of Cristal Azul. Amazing value and trip.
Oh and the food is spectacular!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul offers discerning travelers the chance to enjoy barefoot luxury off the beaten path. Stunning views and simple elegance await adventurous spirits in search of the ultimate in privacy, comfort, & tranquility. Set in a pristine and natural setting with only four ocean view cabinas and no public roads to reach us nor signs to point the way, we guarantee there is never a crowd at this private hilltop hotel. Take a step back to a quieter time and enjoy what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. Join us for lunch and dinners at LocosCocos, our surfside Cevicheria serving catch of the day fresh fish and seafood. 4WD and love of adventure required to reach this area! Private chef dinner service in the Rancho available for groups. Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel