What a surprise to find such a beautiful spot high above the lovely coast of Playa San Miguel in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. The long drive that takes you up the hill to Cristal Azul opens onto a beautiful lawn with the 4 resort rooms, the pool and the cabana nestled along the ridge top. When you stop your car on the parking lawn of the resort, you are at home. First, hit the cooler for a beer or other libation or soft drink (the honor system) then exhale as you overlook the pristine pool onto pastures and forests and the coast beyond. The friendly atmosphere, will make you believe you are in heaven. Oh, and the food is exquisite. Heiner and the chef artistically serve delicious meals. If Heiner likes you, you will enjoy his grandmother's shrimp and salsa dish (I think Heiner likes everyone and vice versa). If you want to go elsewhere for some of your meals, Zene and Heiner will direct you to unique attractions and restaurants in the area. Don't miss Steve and his butterfly 'farm'. He is most interesting. I am a birder and to have a Long-tailed Manakin serenade the yard was a treat, take your binoculars and guidebook!. The only negative about the place which is really to their advantage is the difficult road one climbs to get to CA. Heiner is at-the -ready to come get you, if you arrive late or are a nervous driver. I promise you won't be bothered by strangers. I will return. If I were a rock star and needed to get away from the world. This would be my hideout. Please don't give our secret away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel