This is our preferred hotel in the Guanacaste Peninsula. Its rooms, swimming pool, views, entertainment areas, and friendly attention are the best in the entire area. Zene and Heiner definitively have put a lot of thought on creating a place that is very pleasant and still preserves the best character of Guanacaste.
Playa Coyote is one of the few lasting places in Costa Rica where you can still find together the tradition, tranquility, and stunning beauty of Guanacaste coast, and Cristal Azul is the best place to stay there.
My family, and friends have enjoyed there great memorable moments that can only happen with the sincere cordiality of the owners and the almost unreal beauty of the hotel location.
There are lots of things to do there to experience Guanacaste as in no other place. Zene and Heiner have kindly helped us organize many activities such as: see the 3 or 4 different species of turtles that nest around (depending on the season), several biological preserves near by, always successful fishing or snorkeling trips, shop for unique crafts with local artisans, photography trips to several fantastic beaches and places, horse riding on the beach, or simply get wet in clear water little rivers or little pools full of little fish at low tie. I particularly recommend the amazingly therapeutic walks at night or dawn looking for crabs and shells on the beach. Or more simply yet, to lay back and relax in the wide, long, and never crowded beach of Playa Coyote.
The last driving to the place you must do it with care; but there is great chances for other great views of the coast and some native animals (specially at dawn or sunset).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cristal Azul is the perfect destination for those looking to step off the beaten path and experience what Costa Rica was like before the world arrived. A totally private property with no public access, guests enjoy 180’ panoramic ocean views and the ultimate in barefoot luxury in a rustic setting. Prepare to unplug, unwind, and get lost in paradise! Great times are had here and memories of a lifetime are created! Four cozy "cabinas" guarantee there is never a crowd; each is equipped with AC, ceiling fans, screened doors that let in the ocean breeze and sound of the surf below, hot water, outdoor garden showers, fine linens, Raw Botanicals organic bath products, and the most impressive views in the area. An oversized, open air Rancho provides a luxe “Glamping” experience with an honor bar and billiards table as well as dining and lounge area ample enough for all guests. The vanishing edge pool overlooks six miles of undeveloped beach and provides a front row seat to the most amazing stargazing under the canopy of the Milky Way! A full typical Costa Rican breakfast is served daily and a chef prepares dinner nightly for guests in the Rancho upon demand. The only Costa Rica owned and operated hotel in San Miguel, your hosts also own LocosCocos (#1 Restaurant in area, #1 Beach Bar in Costa Rica; Lonely Planet)which is a guest favorite for sunset dinners on the beach. It is also a great place to spend the day steps from the surf with cold beers and catch of the fresh fish and seafood ready at your beck and call! 4WD and love adventure required too reach this area! Reservations required-gated entrance for guests only. For best rates, book direct! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Cristal Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cristal Azul Hotel Playa San Miguel
- Cristal Azul Costa Rica/Playa San Miguel