Review Highlights

Small but perfectly formed

Reviewed August 2, 2018
Jill P
via mobile

All reviews air raid shelter two floors local history donation information wars titles
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Interesting museum for adults and solder children, spread over 2 floors. Good way to while away an hour whilst in Fordingbridge.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

My day out with my big sister started at the fordingbridge museum (never new it had one ) none the less it was free so in we went .Greeted by two very gracious ladies who welcomed us and gave us a little information. The museum is on two floors and is crammed with bits and pieces from fordingbridges historic past .Some items a little strange ...like the 1st world war soldier uniform on a female mannequin with drawn on moustache. Equally funny the pianola that refused to play and the air raid siren than couldn't decide if there was a raid or not .We had 30 minutes of fun and reminiscing about grandma's mangle and such like .So if your in the vicinity have a look and leave a little donation to help it stay small but perfectly formed .

Reviewed July 28, 2018

This is a very small but fascinating museum packed with goodies. I loved the gorgeous dollshouse but it is all interesting. Very well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Everywhere you look there is something of interest; the huge dolls' house, a player piano and that's only downstairs! Upstairs you find a wonderful Augustus John portrait, a wartime experience and railway memorabilia. Something for everyone!

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

This is really local. The main attraction is probably the large doll house, a masterpiece with several rooms. I also found the room with things from World War II intetesting, as the focus was local.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

We were strolling near the museum when a lady arrived to open it and enticed us in. Unfortunately we were aware of time running out on our parking ticket and weren’t able to browse as long as I would have liked.

It is a small but interesting museum showing local history and social life run by friendly helpful volunteers. Free admission but well worth leaving a donation, if I’m in the area again I will make time for a longer visit.

2  Thank Alrumatis
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We popped in here quickly on holiday, and were instantly greeted by two friendly gentlemen who provided us with an information sheet telling us more about the displays. Downstairs seemed to be more local memorabilia, but upstairs gave you more information about the railway line, a display about WW2 (including a mock air raid shelter to have a look in), old shops and local artists. Very informative, and would recommend to anyone passing through. The museum is free entry too.

2  Thank Hannah T
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We visited here as my brother in laws family had come from Fordingbridge. Lots of lever arch files with old photos, newspaper cuttings etc. Upstairs was items from the 2 wars. A quaint place but interesting as lots of the artefacts had been donated by local people.

2  Thank Janet H
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Popped in with my 4 year son and was immediately greeted by a friendly gentleman who showed us an old clocking in machine and then actually clocked us into the museum with a wee card. Captured my son's attention! There are lots of interesting objects crammed into the two floors. Staff were very helpful and lovely. Well worth a visit then clock out!

3  Thank tdoll100
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Good to spend an hour or two looking round and reading up on old tuff from the village. Lots of old nick nacks. Worth a visit and free

1  Thank Tay1orjay