“Lovely relaxed atmosphere”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I visited with my parents and husband for sunday lunch. The food was great quality without being overly fancy and the atmosphere was lovely with lots of families. I'd definitely return if in the area.

CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our pub.

We hope that you will be back to visit again soon next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Despite taking my girlfriend on a 6 mile walk to get to this pub, it was well worth it.

The staff were extremely friendly and they were very accommodating for my girlfriends dog who had also come along for the trip.

We elected to sit outside, even in December! The burger was excellent and everyone was very helpful.

A reasonable price for very high quality food in a great setting. Highly recommended.

CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello,

I am glad that you and your girlfriend and your dog enjoyed your meal! If you want to come and keep warm inside next time your dog is very welcome in the bar area, we even have treats and water bowls.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I arranged a meal for a big family get together, my dad is disabled and James and his staff went out of their way to help us with him. The food was excellent and the service second to non, I cannot recommend this place enough. A beautiful setting by the River excellent food and excellent service what mor could you want. Thank you James and crew from Ali and Mike x

Thank You so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We have been so well received by the locals,

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited this restaurant a few days ago for a family celebration and were not disappointed. I dread meals out, being gluten and cornstarch intolerant, as most places simply can't cope and I end up with some lettuce leaves! The George were exceptional. When I rang to book and to discuss what, if anything, I would be able to eat, they informed me that the chef would be able to mix and match on the menu and ensure I had a choice. They arranged for the chef to ring me and when I arrived they gave me my own 'mini menu', a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts...fab. The food was beautifully cooked, delicious, good quantity, well presented and prompt in arrival. They even did an 'off the menu' version of baked mushrooms for my daughter and made my father's dessert a bit special for his birthday! Fantastic food and fantastic customer service...definitely a place to visit again!

CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for the lovely review.

We try to do the best we can to meet the needs of our customers with special food requirements.

we are glad that you enjoyed your meal so much and hope that you will come and eat with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I visited the George with family who live nearby, and I wasn't disappointed. It has a lovely atmosphere, with a fresh modern look, and great staff, who were very attentive and genuinely friendly. We all had a main course-I had a burger which was amazing, and the rest of the party had fish pie-which was packed with fish, bangers and mash & fish and chips. All plates were empty!! We then got a sticky toffee pudding to try. Even though I couldn't eat another thing, & I've got to say it was the most devine thing I have ever tasted, and would heartily recommend it...even if you think you are too full! It's in no way stodgy and Just delicious. Thank you. I'm definitely arranging another visit soon.

CarolineTheGeorge, Owner at The George, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your meals, the Sticky Toffee Pudding is a firm favourite with everyone!