“Perfect introduction for young novices”
Review of Arniss Equestrian

Arniss Equestrian
More attraction details
Owner description: British Horse Society approved riding school offering both lessons and hacking, with direct access on to the New Forest. Beginner instructional rides, mixed ability rides, and longer rides for more experienced riders. Experience days, pub rides, & special occasion experiences available. Please see our website or call us to discuss your requirements.
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Perfect introduction for young novices”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The 30 min introduction (booked via Sandy Balls Holiday Centre) was fantastic in that the children were given a tour of the yard, boxes, tack room and feed room and everything was simply explained. Hats and boots were provided. The tour was followed by a 20 min leading rein lesson in the outdoor school led by an instructor who actually gave instruction at the simplest level, appropriate to the under 8s audience.

Visited February 2014

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Definitely give it a go”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Jan and Julie were very helpful and welcoming, (so were other staff)

My wife and I had the pleasure of riding "William" (a Shire X) and "Harold" (an Irish Cob) through New Forest.

If like us you are new to horseriding, I recommend at least a 1 hour hack £32 pp (as opposed to 30 min £20).

Visited January 2014
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Well run establishment. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

For horse lovers or those just having a 1st try, do go there. The place is very well organised with 2 menage and the horses are varied in skill & size, so whether you need a quiet & safe pony/horse or a more challenging jumping/dressage lesson they have the one for you. Also safety is paramount so loans of hats etc part of the deal. Perfectly positioned right in the heart of the New Forest with immediate access onto glorious countryside for lovely hacking out.

Visited September 2013
Poulton,Lancashire,England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience not what I had hoped for”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I booked a one hour ride in the forest and was assured that, as I am quite an experienced rider we would walking, trotting and cantering. i understand, having helped out at a trekking centre and ridden at numerous other places while on holiday, that you always put a client on a 'safe ride' at first. There was only myself and the ride leader. Yes, we were in the forest within a matter of minutes and the scenery was great, but on the two very short canters we had, my horse was very uninspired. On the first 'canter' I couldn't get a canter out of Russell before the end was reached. When I informed the leader of this she just said that we will be having another go 'in a bit' as he normally does canter. After the next short attempt a few minutes later when again Russell couldn't muster a canter the leader said 'oh well sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't' and she would mention the fact he didn't canter at the office when we got back. She said she knew it wasn't my fault as I obviously could ride.

I just then had to accept this and that was that.

So, although the stables were excellent , horses well looked after, lessons looked good and everyone polite I do not think the actual customer service was as it should have been for a promised walk, trot and canter hack. For £32 I would have expected a better experience.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank DianeandRay
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great New Forest horse riding experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a great location for horse riding in the New Forest. The horses were all excellent and the staff were very well organised.

Slight criticisms ( and reasons that we did not rate it a 5 ) were that we never received a response to our email ( fortunately we are persistent ) but at other times they were a little too ' professional ' when they could have been a little more friendly.

Overall though we had a great short hack and our 5 year old daughter was absolutely delighted ( and told the entire kindergarten about it the next day! )

Visited November 2013