“Sally was excellent”
Review of Arniss Equestrian

Arniss Equestrian
More attraction details
Owner description: British Horse Society approved riding school offering both lessons and hacking, with direct access on to the New Forest. Beginner instructional rides, mixed ability rides, and longer rides for more experienced riders. Experience days, pub rides, & special occasion experiences available. Please see our website or call us to discuss your requirements.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a lovely equestrian centre with direct access onto the beautiful New Forest. Lady that took the booking was helpful and polite. Staff on arrival smiled and were friendly. Sally took the two of us out on a private hack which I could not recommend her more highly. The hack had an excellent balance between walk, trotting and lots of cantering and Sally even asked us if we wanted to go faster or slower then all we need do is ask. We enjoyed lovely long canters over open countryside and sandy tracks and we felt totally safe on Mollie and Barney at all times....Mollie is a bit of a bumpy ride but a lovely safe horse nonetheless and absolutely bombproof! These horses were very unlike the 'normal' riding school horses - who are bored out of their minds - Barney & Mollie were sure footed and easy to ride but when asked they really upped a gear.....we even had a mini race!!! Thanks to everyone who made our trip to the New Forest so lovely Katherine Singleton, Oxfordshire

4  Thank Katherine S
"glorious weather"
"clean facilities"
"whilst on holiday"

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Lovely friendly yard, well organized & efficient. Having kept horses myself for several decades, I know well looked after animals when I see them. Healthy, happy, content horses, excellent riding & beautiful countryside. What a fantastic spot.

2  Thank Jude M
Reviewed August 27, 2013

nothing we could not falt this lovely place to stay we cant wait to go back we just fell in love with the place lovely grounds lots to do and lovely placeses to visit hot tub was great just out side your room pool was fab and are grandson loved it and made friends with owners son he had a lovely time

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Thought we were going trekking but turned out it was a riding lesson! However, staff very friendly and the horses were well cared for.

3  Thank sarah c
Jan T, Owner at Arniss Equestrian, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear reviewer,
Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your visit. I am pleased that you found our staff friendly, and the horses well cared for.
I am concerned that you found the content of the activity that you booked was not as you expected. At Arniss Equestrian we offer many activities, including taster sessions booked through Sandy Balls that comprise of a tour followed by an instructional mini lesson & ride; progressive lessons in the menages; instructional hacks on the forest for novice riders; & longer faster rides including pub rides for experienced riders.
I would welcome the opportunity to talk to you to find out more about what activity it was that you booked. Please do call me, or e-mail jan@arnissequestrian.co.uk

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My friend & I booked Arniss for the pony trekking in the New Forest experience & we were not let down! Despite arriving hours earlier than booked we were given a tour of the yard and then chipped in with the morning yard chores! This yard is immaculate & so well organised. All of the ponies/horses are so well looked after - it was an absolute pleasure to be there. We then set off with Angela on a great hours hack through absolute breathe taking scenary. Our horses were just great. William (my noble steed) was a very comfy & enjoyable ride - aiming to please me at every opportunity. We had some great canters along the moorland and a photo opportunity amongst a herd of ponies & cows. The whole experience for us horsey lovers was fabulous and I can assure anyone who is thinking of booking a ride here - you will not be let down!! Thank you Arniss for making us smile! We will definately be back for more riding. Look after William for me!

Dear reviewer,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Arniss Equestrian last week. It was great to have the extra pairs of hands on the yard in the morning! The forest never ceases to amaze me with how beautiful yet how different it looks from one day to the next. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.