Review Highlights
Hen Do Hack

Great time had by all. We booked this as a hen party activity. A slight last minute issue with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Loraine S
via mobile
Exilerating canter

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jim1974Godalming
Godalming
via mobile

All reviews hour hack my daughter new forest an experienced rider riding stables beautiful countryside wild ponies trot and canter riding experience riding ability years of age quick lesson holiday village staff were amazing helpful and friendly staff wide range an amazing experience
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great time had by all.
We booked this as a hen party activity. A slight last minute issue with there being a hunt in the area meant we couldn’t hack in the forest.
They arranged some activities in the arena instead and a small hack on site which turned out to be just as enjoyable. The rosettes at the end were a cute added bonus and my horse ‘princess’ was stunning.

1  Thank Loraine S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fourth time riding with my family at arniss and the staff and horses were all brilliant as always . The cantering on the ridge was fast and exciting . We were riding on Russell, Molly and Rosie and ride at novice level.Our guides were Jenny and Amy .we will definitely be back again!

1  Thank jim1974Godalming
Reviewed September 13, 2018

My wife rode the trails at Arniss Equestrian and thoroughly enjoyed herself. She and her guide galloped through the New Forest on ponies, skirting the wild ponies, sheep, and cows which took little notice of them. She declined the opportunity to jump fences and hedges, but was flattered by the offer.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

From the initial contact to the ride itself, I couldn't fault Armies equestrian.

Stunning drive down to a well kept happy yard. Met with a smile an a friendly hello.
Unfortunately my own hat was not up to current specs, this was quickly changed to a borrowed one with the minimal of fuss.
All the horses are well looked after and not over worked and happy to do the job.

I was paired up with the gorgeous Mollie and we set out with Amy (on thunder).

Amy is an excellent guide and as I am a competent rider, changed the route to show me the different parts of the New forest.
Thought out the ride Amy kept up a running commentary about the New Forest and it's history.

We had plenty of trots and canters with Mollie more than willing to canter with very little aids and very sure footed throughout the whole ride.
It was a fantastic experience and was like riding with a friend rather than someone I'd just met.

I would not hesitate to recommend riding here and would not hesitate to come back next time I'm in the area.
Thank you so much for such an enjoyable experience.
Michelle x

1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin? This is a exceptional yard with very hard working staff. The yard itself is very well organised with a lovely dog there called Jasmine. The staff on this yard are very friendly and happy to help since our dogs was very very muddy and they let us hose them down which was a nice gesture :)
I went on the 1.30 1hr hack and it was that good it only felt like ten minutes! Kerry (I think that's her name) who led the hack was very good and was very chatty and helpful, the owner who I spoke to yesterday was very nice and so was the other lady I spoke to today! It was amazing! The views you get on the hack are incredible and the open moorland you hack through was amazing,there was wild deere and horses around and it was truly an incredible experience. I can't stress enough how good this place is! 100% will return if I'm in the area again. I recommend to anyone who would want to go through the moorland/new forest on horseback :)

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We booked beforehand and informed them we were total beginners. We booked an hours ride and were joined by two other complete beginners. Instructor was brilliant as we were a touch nervous. We trekked into the new forest spectacular views. The whole experience is one I'll never forget. Very memorable. Thank you Russell and Harold (our horses names) for looking after us and giving us a great ride.
Brilliant......

Reviewed August 28, 2018

First of all, the people are lovely and the set up very good. And of course the scenery is amazing!

However, and I'm sorry there is a 'however'... they promise a walk, trot, canter experience. I'm not the best rider in the world by any means, but I'm very used to hacking out and doing all of that stuff. I was reticent about paying £42 for a hack, seeing as we have our own horses at home, but I was looking forward to getting on another horse and having a bit of fun in lovely surroundings. My pony, poor old Russell, is obviously used to simply plodding along and at best following the horse in front. No matter what buttons I pushed, he was just not interested. The guide said that 'Russell doesn't usually canter on the first go'... well he didn't at all throughout the ride. He just ambled along at the back, going through the motions, which was a real shame. The guide proudly said that other riders have got him into canter... in other words you're just not good enough. Thanks for that! My wife, who is a very experienced rider, and her friend, also very experienced, could not get their ponies to canter either! The only person who did was my 11 year old daughter on a lovely little whizzy pony called Pippin.

I can't help but think that there is an element of misrepresentation here. The horses seem to be very safe, which is great, but they have zero 'go' in them. Also, to book you have to pay in full up front and there is no refund, or part refund, on cancelation. I paid £210 for my family for essentially just a plod in the New Forest.

One of our guides was very sweet trying to temper my frustration my telling me about the WW2 history in the area and how they dropped the biggest bomb ever in the UK nearby... very interesting, but what I needed was a bomb up poor Russell's backside.

1  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Simply by far the best. Helpful and friendly staff, horses all seemed healthy and looked after well and not mad!! Very professional service and Carrie was brilliant. Perfect!

1  Thank M A
Reviewed August 18, 2018

I have been several times for a hack with Arniss Equestrian and highly recommend them for great fun rides! They have a wide range of horses and ponies for all abilities, are flexible regarding and accommodating regarding riding ability, and their enthusiastic staff clearly love what they do, and are happy to answer any horse related questions whilst out on hacks. I have finally found my ideal riding stables and hope to move closer to them!

1  Thank Runningbikechick
Reviewed August 16, 2018

On holiday in the area and my 11 year old daughter who is an experienced rider wanted to hack out in the New Forest. Recommended Arniss Equestrian by holiday home owner so dropped in on Sunday to have a look. First impressions, clean yard, calm but busy and good signage to the reception. The owner listened to our enquiry and then asked my daughter lots of questions to ascertain her ability. We booked an hour hack which would include trot and canter if confident, over the New Forest which was accessed direct from the centre, no roads to ride. We returned on the Wednesday for the booked session and were met by a different lady who checked that my daughter's hat and body protector were up to standard, hats are available to borrow. Each rider was paired up with a suitable pony and very careful checks and adjustments made. There were 8 pupils and 3 instructors and they had a full hour hack. My daughter said it was fabulous. The instructors were encouraging and kind to her.

1  Thank goodie717