Having recently stayed in Sandy Balls Holiday Park, we fell in live with the area and had to return. I happened to come across Cypress Log Cabins on the way to Sandy Balls, literally moments away from the main entrance to the holiday park, and googled them when we got home.
The reviews were fantastic so we contacted them to check dates and booked the next available cabin, which was last weekend.
We were already very impressed with Sandy Balls and sure we could not find better. How wrong we were. Cypress Log Cabins surpassed all our expectations and provided us with the most perfect weekend away, so much so that we are already planning our return.
I have to say that everything positive you will read in other reviews is accurate from the property itself to the fabulous hospitality of Mike and Mandy, what more can we say?
On arrival we were met and shown to our cabin by Mandy and Mike who explained all the facilities in detail. What great hosts, never have I experienced anywhere that offers this level of service with such positivity. They clearly love their home and business and this radiates from everything, right down to the littlest detail. We were left feeling so comfortable with our "home" for the weekend that it felt like we'd been there for years and felt so relaxed. It was very peaceful, our privacy completely respected, but with help near by for anything we needed.
The breakfast offered was just as described and perfect (in fact we indulged in a few rounds of bread and jam for supper too ;-) and having a fridge was perfect for storing our own drinks and snacks for our planned packed lunch the next day; although we didn't explore the Forest at all as we decided to stay in the Cabin for most of the time (with your own hot tub who wouldn't!).
The location is perfect, so easy to find and right in the heart of the New Forest, with everything you need just a short drive away and plenty of pubs and eateries either a few minutes walk away at Sandy Balls or a short drive to Fordingbridge. You also get a discount card for Sandy Balls with your stay allowing a 20% off food amongst other discounts.
We had planned to return to Sandy Balls next year with the whole extended family but we have already decided that we will be booking here while everyone else books around the corner and we won't be sharing the jacuzzi!
If you are considering going here then please do. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique getaway to your own Log Cabin with a private Hot Tub outside your door & swimming pool in the summer months. Cypress Log Cabins offers spacious accommodation, a lovely view of the pool and gardens and an in room continental breakfast. Take pleasure in the astonishing view of the stars in the night sky from the comfort of the relaxing hot tub. Within the New Forest National Park, and a great opportunity nearby to hire bikes and discover the wildlife and natural beauty of the park, this is the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Cypress Log Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Log Cabins Hotel Fordingbridge
- Cypress Log Cabins Fordingbridge, New Forest National Park Hampshire, Hampshire