“Great food great hosts”

Little Mere Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Little Mere Restaurant & Gorley Tea Rooms are now permanently closed.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited for a family birthday sunday lunch after having had a really nice evening meal here in september. The staff are all extremely friendly, professional and welcoming and the food was just sublime - in particular the lemon and lime tart. My young daughter didnt like her desert and it was swiftly swapped for some ice cream with no fuss. Thanks for a great lunch.

There are newer reviews for Little Mere Restaurant

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Little Mere is a little gem on the edge of the New Forest where I have today had the pleasure of taking Sunday lunch with my extended family.

The cosy restaurant is run with pride, passion and skill and is somewhere I would be happy to return to again and again.

Service is spot on - warm, friendly and efficient perfectly in tune with the relaxed atmosphere. The menu is short, seasonal and well balanced and mercifully free of pretentious fripperies. Most importantly the food is excellent - high quality produce cooked with care, and is as delicious as the menu promises.

All in all a wonderful restaurant, which I can heartily recommend.

littlemere, General Manager at Little Mere Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Little Mere, I am so glad to learn that you enjoyed your lunch with us, I really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

So, I was booked into one of the two rooms on site by a client who thought I might like it. Room was fun and functional and unbelievably peaceful (be warned it doesn't have a desk, but then it's not a 'business hotel' and it's a great excuse to use a laptop in the nearby pub). Nikki came and made me breakfast each morning, so I thought I'd try the restaurant when I finally finished working on my last night. I was absolutely blown away. The place looks great on a winter night, I got perfect service and great advice on how to have the lamb cooked. I was even talked into dessert and that was splendid too. Didn't try the wine, but the bottled beer was an admirable match for the food. I'd make a special trip to eat here, if it wasn't so damn far from home!
A perfect hideaway in the forest, and I hope to see it again soon.

Thank you so much for your review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay (and dinner) with us. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
Regards,
Nikki

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Thank you to Nikki and her staff for making our Valentine's dinner so special!

Beautiful food and excellent wine (as usual!) in a cosy romantic atmosphere. Can't wait to find another excuse to dine there again soon.

Thank you so much for your review, I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Been to Little Mere on several occasions, but not for Sunday lunch. A great selection for a Sunday and cooked to perfection. Had our two children with us (not the little sort!), and they thoroughly enjoyed! Very attentive staff without being over the top. Didn't see the usual donkey looking through the window but will put this down to the snow! A perfect Birthday!

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday lunch with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.