“Heaven”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Heaven”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pearls is an old cottage perched on the edge of the sand at Pearl Beach just north of Sydney. Sitting on the verandah in all weathers, listening to the gentle lap of the sea as you eat some of the best food ever is my idea of heaven.
Not on ly is the food fresh and innovative but the Mains are served in smaller tasting sizes which makes juggling with your appetite much easier. This is indeed necessary as the desserts are a must.
The service is friendly and efficient AND you will be warmly remembered!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Pauline C

Central Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finely crafted, exquisite food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

If it can be said that the measure of a craftsman (or craftswoman) can be made in an assessment of that which they create, then the chef at Pearls on the beach can be said to be a gifted artist.

Each dish that I have sampled at this establishment has been perfectly proportioned, and thoughtfully prepared, dancing across one's palette with the grace of a Soviet era ballerina.

An innovative menu that has something for everyone, including those who would avoid flesh, and when we visited, extreme care was taken to cater to the dietary requirements of our group.

Having been fortunate to eat in hatted and starred restaurants (thankfully at the expense of others), I can say from experience that the dishes served at Pearls would not be out of place in such establishments.

The floor staff are exceptionally hospitable and make you feel right at home. The atmosphere too, with the fireplace during winter, makes one feel as if one is enjoying an intimate meal with close friends in ones living room.

The finest food on the Central Coast, and well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SwingsAndRoundabouts
Sydney, Australia
“Spectacular!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

WOW!!!
This place just gets better and better!! My husband and I have been coming here for years and the standard has grown substantially! I especially enjoyed my current experience last week, I just had to share it with everyone! The food is amazing! I love the idea of having a selection of small dishes, rather than the traditional a la carte. It provides you with more choice, allowing you to indulge in the exquisite menu. The menu is constantly changing, using the freshest ingredients of the season. I’m always amazed at how creative the chef is when reading the menu, cleverly combining different cuisines and spices with a modern twist. When the food comes out it is always presented as if it is a piece of art, they clearly take great pride in EVERY dish that comes out. The portion size is also very substantial, definitely value for money when you compare to similar restaurants in Sydney. I’m still astounded that this restaurant doesn’t have a hat, I always presumed it did, it definitely rates as good as any other hated restaurant I’ve been to. The wine list is awesome, such a fantastic range to choose from, I especially appreciate the range of wines by the glass!! The service is warm, attentive and relaxed. The lovely lady that looked after us, made us feel very welcome, which is one of the main reasons why we keep coming back!
Our dining experience has always left us wanting to come back and meet the beautiful staff, and indulge in the most amazing food ever.
Every time we are left with a new special memory, which is why I HIGLY, HIGHLY recommend, even if you come once I'm sure you'll be hooked just like we are.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank limekent
Sydney, Australia
“Counting the days till my next visit !”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking my work colleagues to dinner during a retreat this week in Pearl Beach, and we were absolutely blown away by the quality of food and service at this little hidden gem.
The staff were attentive yet respectful, and the knowledge of the menu and the ease in which some items were explained or described, amazing ! The wait staff here arent your usual transients, they are seasoned professionals ! And we havent made it to the food Yet ! The flavours and the variety, were stunning, this was such a unique experience, and with the way the menu is set out we could ask for one of everything, and get to taste it all. All of us dine nationally and internationally frequently, and the quality and unique variations took us on a culinary journey. We were thrilled to be able to meet and thank the Head Chef personally. The Wine list compliments the food as well and once again we are given great advice. I cannot recommend this establishment enough, treat yourself and take the trip. YOU WILL LOVE IT !

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Mellisa B
Berlin, Germany
“Appalling”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We traveled to a wedding in Australia at Pearls on The Beach in May.

Being from Europe, we were used to the cold but being made to wait for 45 minutes after the wedding to get into the reception obviously concerned the Australian guests.

We saw the father of the bride trying to negotiate with the concierge and being rudely rebuffed.

They made the entire wedding party and all the guests wait in the cold Australian winds from the sea just because they could.

It was a great wedding but the reception venue were horrible in their actions.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially if they were hosting a wedding.

Visited May 2013