“To much "Jamie Oliver" influence”
Review of The Rose and Crown

The Rose and Crown
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Another venue that was recommended. This venue looks as if it has recently been refurbished and had a nice atmosphere. Both myself and wife had difficulty is finding something to our taste from the "mains". I thought I would play safe and went for the Beer Battered fish with hand cut chips and mushy peas. Now I have had two Fish & Chips shops and was in the business for many years so consider myself to be knowledgeable. When my plate arrived I was into minds to send it back. The batter was so dark it looked burnt. There was a small stack of hand cut chips ans a bowl of mushy peas. I tried the Mushy and they were excellent. I tried the burnt looking fish and to my relief the fish was fine under the dark brown batter but unfortunately the same dark brown had got to the chips as well. Two of our other diners said they enjoyed their meal. I would not set foot in there again.

1  Thank derek_snelling

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been twice recently and the food is always of a high standard. The menu had changed from my previous visit, which is good to see that its changed regularly. There were 6 of us in our group and all the food was served promptly and to all of us at the same time, so we didn't have to sit waiting until the final person had their food. The food was cooked to perfection, especially my rump steak, which was superb! The staff were both friendly and helpful and I definitely would recommend eating out there.

1  Thank heykitty2000
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited The Rose & Crown at the weekend, it was very busy food was fantastic good size portions and staff were friendly and attentive. Will definitely be revisiting, makes a change to find some where that is clean and has great food and customer service.

2  Thank Biscu
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped by to celebrate my birthday and although it was quiet, it was a lovely meal with quality food and friendly staff. We did not have to wait long for our food which came beautifully presented and yummy.
Prices not bad and a nice menu.
A lovely local village location which we will visit again soon.

1  Thank Teedubs16
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited on a Friday evening and it was quiet. However we need not have worried as the food was freshly prepared and very well presented and the cost reasonable. Staff were pleasant and attentive. This is pub is recommended for food and we will be visiting again.

1  Thank Graham P