“AMAZING”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hidden gem last weekend. The place is vibrant, friendly , and sooo relaxing.
As for the restaurant, food to die for and the selection was more what you'd expect in an expensive restaurant, not the usual hotel cuisine. Pre dinner cocktails outside in the glorious sunshine amidst a perfect english garden First visit , used spa, thank the lord I'm local enough to go back and use the restaurant, cannot fault a single thing. I will be returning .... With friends. Well done Lifehouse. Ten out of ten.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Not the most comfortable restaurant for such a quality hotel but food was excellent and beautifully presented. Staff were polite and helpful at all times. It would have been nice to be able to dine out on the terrace both at breakfast and at night as the weather was so good so maybe the management could look into this as an option for the future?

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Arrived for a weekend break only to be told on day of arrival that all treatments were fully booked. The treatment I wanted was after check-out time the following day. Shame you're not pre warned so you can book treatments I early - having a relaxing treatment before jumping back in the car for 3 hours will unwind all that relaxation! The food was very good. The service not so. Like other reviews, the staff seemed stressed and far too many staff we're wasting journeys - the amount of staff walking back into the kitchen empty handed was terrible, you would think they would grab a few empty plates along the way. After being seated we waited 15 minutes to be seen for a drink. We thought we better order while we have the staff attention. The food came up in literally 5 minutes but no bread, olives or water that was ordered. I felt sorry for the waitress, I just think maybe they're overworked & need organising better by the manager. In the spa area the new towels are mixed on a shelf with customer towels in use. A better system needs to be in place for this. Overall I would come back, but pre book treatments before arrival

1  Thank Post2Gary
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Dinners on the whole were ok. Service is very hassled, staff look massively stressed out and actively avoid eye contact. Some food dishes are weird - scotch egg terrine not good. Fish was good. Pudding was good.
Breakfast is a total cattle market with people shoving and jostling each other near the hot food counter which was cramped and had too many hands on too many lids - yuck. Overall alright. Bring your ear plugs very raucous with lots of females chatting.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friends and i went there for a birthday meal, it was a Sat night and we had booked a table for five 3 weeks peviously. When we got there they couldnt find our reservation and explained they didnt usually reserve bookings on a Sat night as the residents staying at the spa would have preference and it would be busy. Having said that they found us a table and we had a 2 hour time slot ( no pressure then..lol)
The waiting staff were not very experienced and quite young, there were lots of glasses that we were'nt using that kind of cluttered up the table, they got the drinks order muddled a couple of times. my starter was lovely but i do feel that some of the courses were a bit over priced.
when i got my main course it wasnt hot just warm and it wasnt as 'Supreme' as i expected the chicken to be,
All in all i would'nt eat there again even if they had'nt muddled the table booking up. I think i would drive that little bit further to 'Milsoms' instead
P.s Bar staff were very good and helpful :)