“Staff could have been a bit friendlier...”

The Restaurant at The Lifehouse
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
East Anglia
“Staff could have been a bit friendlier...”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There would appear to be few decent dining possibilities in the area so The Lifehouse counts as one of the better choices. The food is very, very good and I would have upped my rating had it not been for the efficient but sullen servers, the gloominess of the room (could barely read the menu) and being totally ignored on arrival. We were left waiting around by the bar until I had to ask if anyone wanted to show us to our table.
The restaurant has the ambiance of an airport lounge and the service just as impersonal.

• Visited February 2013

londo
“Relaxing surroundings added to the spa experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

a lovely place to lounge during the spa break with big patio doors bringing the outside in. Food was good - we ate lunch, dinner and breakfast here so experienced lots of the menu (all very good).

Visited December 2012
Entebbe, Uganda
“Superb menu”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We ate in the restaurant as part of a spa package. and could not fault the service, the quality of the menu, or the choice of menu.
Beautiful decor, knowledageble waiter and sublime food.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Inspired, different and great value”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed at lifehouse for two nights. Great breakfast, good range of healthy options including a really tasty cooked breakfast. My choice was scrambled eggs, local sausages and it came with a clutch of delicious whole cherry tomatoes. The fish dishes at dinner were really outstanding. But my biggest surprise was when I ordered a couple of starters via room service. A fresh pea and mint soup plus a really spicy prawn salad - best room service dishes I've had for a long time. Well dont Lifehouse. Keep it up!

• Visited October 2012
“Lovely food, lovely atmosphere and lovely staff!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I visited the restaurant at Lifehouse last week and wow it was amazing. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable of the menu and wine list (which has a great selection at a good price). I had the mushroom tagliatelle, it was amazing!!!. My partner had chicken supreme with the hickory mash which was fantastic. The menu is reasonable priced as well we opted for the 2 course for 28.50 each. I will defiantly be returning.