“Excellent Restaurant”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fabulous meals beautifully presented and gorgeous. Staff pleasant and helpful nothing too much trouble. Will go there again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Harry's Bar definitely looks the best place in T-L-S. Had lunch there yesterday, pork tachos starter, good to share as a big portion, steak burger and club sandwich for main. Very good size meals, reasonably priced, very stylish decor. Highly recommend

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked a table for four to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday. The food was excellent and the service very good. Emma couldn't have done enough for us and even baked a cake to celebrate my Dad's birthday. The drinks were good and the bill very reasonable. A vibrant and lively restaurant.The staff went above and beyond to make our visit fantastic. This was our 2nd time at the restaurant and we will definitely be back. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me for my birthday today (24th) and it was brilliant! The decor is superb and very easy on the eye. We were pleasantly greeted on entry and after we'd had a drink shown to our table. Service was excellent as were the staff and the food was nothing short of FIRST CLASS. My boyfriend had prawns, steak (highly recommend the new york steak) and apple crumble and i went for thai fish cakes to start, harrys fishcakes for main (c'mon i'm a PISCES!!!) then cheese board to finish. Stuffed? You bet!! Would we go again? Damn right!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently dinned here with our family for what should have been a pleasant and relaxing meal, unfortunately it was anything but! We live locally and have visited Harry's with a variation of experiences. The service is always a little indifferent, the dinning area is not the biggest but service is often slow. On this occasion the biggest problem was that a large party of 20 or more were also sharing the dinning space, I say sharing, more like taken over! It was unbearabley noisy, we could not hear one another speak, our waiter did apologise for the noise, blaming the children in the party, this I have to say was not the case it was clearly the grown men! It is a shame when people do not consider their surroundings and the dinning experience of others. On the whole our meal was ok,although mine was a little over cooked. On attempting to pay our bill we were all but abandoned, my husband having to track down a waiter and retrieve own coats. Altogether a dissapointing experience and did spoil somewhat our celebrations.

3  Thank Ange-M23
Ray D, Owner at Harry's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your post, your comments are important to us.
I am sincerely sorry that you were unhappy with your recent visit to Harry's. Just like you the large party you refer to are also regular customers. They were celebrating a special birthday and the table escalated in numbers. Whilst in general we would decline such a large party as our restaurant isn't a comfortable size to accomadate this. However, as it was a Sunday daytime we felt it shouldn't have posed a problem. If you approached us with the same request we would do our best to accomadate you too. Unfortunately with large parties and children there is an element of noise and it is difficult for us in these situations to keep everyone happy. Harry's is a family owned/run business and we do welcome children. We try to create a place where you can enjoy good food, realistically priced in an environment with friendly staff, great customer service and that is suitable enviroment for people and families of all ages to dine. I am again sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience as much as we would have liked and would welcome you back anytime to try and rectify this for you.