See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to this lovely B&B! Keith the owner is very friendly and really makes you feel welcome. Had a really comfortable bed and the view from my window was of the beautiful garden. Would really recommend this 'hidden gem'.

Room Tip: Personally I love the bedroom at the back of the house with the amazing view of the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MillHouseThorpe, Owner at Mill House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind review,It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back again.
Also it is nice to know all our attention and effort is appreciated.
Thank you.. Keith.(owner, cook, cleaner, head dogsbody.)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Keith gave us a very warm welcome on what was a very cold and snowy seek-end. Our room was delightful as well as warm and homely. Breakfast was first class cooked and served by Keith in a very inviting and homely dining-room. Ten out of ten Keith!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked the Mill House B&B for a business trip haveing previously stayed in Clacton-on-Sea and been very disappointed and I must admit was nervous. However this is truely a hidden gem and I was delighted with what I found. It is really easy to find, being directly on the high street, and down a little lane at the back is the parking area. Keith the owner came out to great me and took me straight into the wonderful warm kitchen - which was very welcoming after a 5 hour drive. I stayed in room 2 which was spotlessly clean, and well equiped. It faced over the back garden with a lovely big window. I had a very peaceful sleep and was woken to the cooing of pigeons. The small but very clean bathroom provided a lovely shower and then came a most fantastic full english breakfast - cooked on the aga, in a very pleasently decorated dinning room. Keith is an excellent cook, it was perfect. This really is a little gem and next time I visit my supplier - I shall certainly booking in plenty of time to make sure I get a room.

Room Tip: Room 2 - over looks the garden and is so quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank busy1954
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have visited this B n B on several occaions and everytime it gets better and better the breakfast mmmmmmmm everything is perfect..Keith was very welcoming and friendly even took me to the Station.. highly recommended thanks x

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are looking for an excellent B&B at very reasonable rates, then Mill House, Thorpe Le Soken, Essex is to be highly recommended. We have stayed there on numerous occasions while visiting various friends in the area.
Invariably the high standards and warm welcome from Keith the owner remain the same; from the spacious, well appointed rooms of his charming Georgian house, to his excellent Aga cooked breakfasts, which seem to appear effortlessly, served in the lovely dining room. Nothing seems to be too much trouble, either with breakfast requirements, or generally, with Keith offering any help that might be needed.
Mill House is located in Thorpe high street so is easy to find, and has the benefit of private parking at the rear. The B&B is also a great base for exploring the surrounding area, from the immaculate beaches of Frinton, Walton and Clacton to ‘Constable’ country round Dedham and Flatford.

Room Tip: Kieth only has two letting rooms (both ensuite), the room at the back is quieter and cosy, while the front room is extremely spacious, both are well appointed, so you takes your choice as they say!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple