The spa - purpose built - still is so new - the curing of wood smell in the rooms was still there!
We had room 56 which is very good - ground floor tables outside near the last 2 rooms on far block - so quiet view of the lake there - much nicer than the main building at front
I would recommend this room location.
The food in the restaurant - Michelin star quality is the best way to describe it we had dinner and then lunch cause the dinner was that good
sublime and delicious and not over priced - 2 courses £30 plus about 5-6 for desert.
The presentation the service was all very good in restaurant!
The restaurant was packed so everyone else realised that it was that good
We really were shocked by how good it was - the food was on a par with tasting menu we went to recently at Galvin at window in the Hilton in London = and that was £100 per head min.
The spa was nice - the treatment rooms where intimate but cold - they said they were having problems with the heating systems.
The pool area although very nice well thought out etc - i could see as getting a bit too busy for my liking at busy periods as there is a limited amount of space
dont get me wrong its a big place - with salt steam room - steam room - and sauna
but none of them are that large considering that the spa can hold a lot of people staying over - or even members.
We had a groupon deal which entitled to stay - free 30 min spa treatment
the food was extra as were the drinks - all in all if you stayed with a booked package from the spa - the food be it dinner or lunch was included in price -
which would make it very good value - about £350 for 2 people for one night or day break
Lets mention the food again - the food was excellent the quality was outstanding.
Really ! And we get around with our food !
Ive rated the location as a bit difficult to get to if your from london - it can take 90mins tto get there as its so far into Essex - however once there its like all inclusive in some respects.
Wifi was acceptable in the rooms and free - the valet parking was very nice touch as was the bags to the room by porter all part of the excellent service they offer.
Everyone very well presented and friendly
Value ive marked down as this is a premium place most definitely.
All in all a very serious spa location the food the treatment the spa all was very very good quality.
I would visit again as as serious treat but the cost would be a factor if not on a deal
put it this way if there was a groupon deal - then i wouldnt hesitate to go again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex