Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,138 results
All reviews steam room garden room love life course dinner relaxation area relaxing break plunge pool couples massage buffet lunch dressing gowns robes and slippers salt inhalation room full body massage an overnight stay birthday treat signature room my mum
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a very nice stay room was nice and clean and comfortable. Gardens look lovely and staff commendable. Evening meal was excellent quality food. Drinks a little expensive £5.30 a beer, coffee £3. 50. Breakfast good selection but was Luke warm and no hot plates. Biggest downfall was the music being played everywhere in the building monotonous tones repetitive and worse than water torture. Making me feel depressed. Might come back with ear plugs

1  Thank 937billf
LifehouseSpaHotel, Manager at Lifehouse Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments to the team about breakfast. I will also make sure the music is refreshed as a matter of urgency :) Kind regards, Lifehouse Management

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The whole weekend was just perfect. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was big, clean and nicely decorated. There was a selection of tea, biscuits and hot chocolate and a coffee machine with pods. The spa itself was so relaxing. All very clean and well run. The treatments themselves were so relaxing. The relaxation room after the treatments was my favourite room.
The food was delicious, well presented and fresh. Overall such a lovely experience

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

So thrilled you had a wonderful stay! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Lifehouse Management

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I really wanted to dig this place: it is on my doorstep and would make the perfect 'mum on the run' break.

From the mobile booking experience, to attempting confirming to confirm spa treatments, the check-in (the desk agent actually rolled her eyes when I said we were checking in) and the check-out process, which took 14 minutes, and shouldn't have taken more than 5, it seemed to be a lesson in miscommunication and disinterested customer service.

The avocado open sandwich in the bar is delicious. The apricot torte looks equally delicious. I ordered the last slice, only to watch the server who took the order give it to another table. When I asked where my slice or torte might be, she said something along the lines of 'Well, he wanted a slice, as well.' I requested it be taken off my bill; she huffed and said she would. She did not and I had to raise it at check-out.

My friend ordered mint tea. We asked for extra tea bags. They charged her £2.60 per tea bag. Weird. Just weird.

The 3 course dinner was tasty, aside from the chicken minestrone soup, which had a weird 'tinned soup' tang and chopped up salami mixed in.

The massuese was lovely. The spa areas were fairly nice, though a bit weirdly laid out. There are issues with damp in areas of the building, possibly due to condensation and poor ventilation...a lot cracked plaster with shards of said plaster on the floor in one of the halls outside the women's lockers.

The grouting (white) is badly molded in places. I get it: it is a spa area. But use a darker grout or clean it more frequently? It made me sad for the swimming and spa facilities I grew up with in Germany and in Scandinavia.

The twin rooms were...okay. The room layout is weird: the vanity has a light that is tied to the main lighting and it is irritating. The bedside light over the 2nd bed didn't work, which meant that if my friend wanted to read, the main light or lamp (on my side of the room and placed directly in lighting distance of the bed I was in) had to be on. It just felt poorly considered.

The bathroom was clean but we were only allocated 1 bath towel each and 1 hand towel (for both). The welcome information claimed we could 'borrow' more towels, but after the check-in experience with Emma, neither of us actually wanted to incur her wrath.

The gardens and grounds were amazing, hence my self query of 'would I go back?'

Maybe. Maybe. I would probably ask who would be on reception the day I was due to check-in, though.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback, I have passed your comments onto the team so we can work to improve guest experience. We would love to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Lifehouse Management

Reviewed January 14, 2020

The hotel room is lovely and clean and comfy. The food is fine although I wish I had been told that I could of ordered my breakfast of the menu instead of the cold buffet food. However the spa is very sparse. You are packed into the small jacuzzi like sardines and if anyone dare uses the 2 jets in there everyone else gets splashed. The main swimming pool is cold. And there are no others jets, pumps, foot spa, neck jet and head splash. So as it actually known for a spa hotel I’m afraid I was VERY disappointed. I won’t be returning again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and the food, I will speak with the restaurant team to ensure communication is improved regarding breakfast options.

Our spa facilities include a steam room, salt inhalation room, sauna, plunge pool and tropical showers as well as the hydropool, with room for up to 12 people, which we feel is a generous size compared to most spas. I do believe that there are jets all over the hydropool but I will raise this with the team to ensure they are all fully functioning, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards, Lifehouse Management

Reviewed January 12, 2020

My friend and I always have a spa break late semptember for our birthdays. The last time we were here, we didn't explore the grounds. It is beautiful. There is a lake with all types of water birds. We would take bread down to feed them. The gardens are manicured and beautiful. THere are lots of nooks to get lots. We sunbathed in the gardens.

The gym and facilities are good. The steam rooms are limited to just a sauna and steam, which is good, but not as good as the facilities at Ragdale Hall.

Our room was large and spacious, we upgraded to a big room which had a bath and shower over the bath.

I would say that this is more of a hotel with spa facilities, rather than a spa retreat.

Date of stay: September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, so pleased you were able to explore the gardens, they really are so beautiful. We hope to see you again for your next birthday treat! Kind regards, Lifehouse Management