I booked the summer delight deal for four for a friends birthday getaway. The deal was good value for money but cant help feeling a little 'done over' on arrival the reception was manned by one person and check in is 3pm so very quickly there were alot of guests milling around wanting to check in. We checked in in 2 "couples" as the 2 rooms, myself and one and the other two ladies who were given an itinerary with the wrong supper booking on one and treatment that the other hadnt booked! We werent given one at all or our room key! the porter took pride in telling us that the hotel had opened as an exclusive spa three years ago. If i had visited as an exclusive guest I would definitely have felt cheated. The room although clean, lacked storage, the shower looked like it needed a good scrub as the tray was grubby on the non slip areas. Complimentary water wasnt replenished during the course of our stay. Supper was very good although the dining area was extremely noisy and we could barely hear ourselves speak. The facilities were very good but I cant help wondering what it would have been like with another 5 or 6 people in there, rather crowded feeling and not particularly relaxing I would say. The grounds were stunning and it was lovely to wander around the lakes and feel quite alone and peaceful, nice to see the ducks with their tiny chicks bouncing around on the lilly pads too! We decided to go out for supper the second evening and although we left it rather late to make a booking, the driver came to our aid and assisted with suggesting places to eat in the local area. It would be good to have some information about the local area in the room or reception area as it is really nice with a fabulous beach (Frinton on Sea) and some great places to eat, namely Henry's in the village and cafe 19 in Frinton. The terrace is a lovely place to sit and soak up the sun all day too. The fruit smoothies were extremely expensive for what they were, a half pint for around £4, especially considering one of them was almost half froth!
Overall we had a lovely weekend but there is a definite lack of attention to detail throughout the hotel that could be easily addressed and make it a much more enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex