I had a great time at the Lifehouse Spa. The food was very good, especially the fish dishes. And the spa itself was great and very relaxing.
However, the service failed in a few 'small' details that, all added, stained my good impression of the place:
- upon arrival, the lady at the check-in desk spoke extremely quickly making it hard for me to understand. I've got a hearing disorder and English is not my first language, as she should have noticed from my accent, but still she didn't make an effort to speak a bit slower.
- directions to the rooms and restaurant are not very good, There could be more and clearer signs.
- breakfast food was just average and every day they ran out of something (orange fruit one day, scrambled eggs the other) and wouldn't quickly refill.
- on the first evening we've ordered drinks, starters and main meals and, whilst the first two came in quickly, the main meals took forever to arrive and then I started noticing that people who had arrived after me, were already being served. When confronted with this the server came up with a very poor excuse. Would have done better by just apologising and saying she had forgotten our orders.
- on the second day, at lunch time, drinks were forgotten.
- getting the meals bills right was also a struggle.
But if you can overlook that, the place is clean and well maintained and they even pick you up and then drop you off at the local train station.
There is a big and very nice garden with lots of little lakes and water streams.
Staff are generally very nice and helpful.
And most of all, the spa facilities are great.
All in all, it was a very good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HRS, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex