79 quid for BnB - cant complain at all - especially with access to spa.
We had a lovely one night stay and would live to return in the summer. I have the following constructive comments as I would really like this place to stay open.
1. The signage from the road. It needs better and posher signage. Had I not been told this was a hotel I would never had known. It looks like an advert for a new housing estate. It needs replacing with something much better and the curb appeal needs a bit if improving. You need to make people want to drive in.
2. Love the fire in reception. Very welcoming
3. Basic room we had was fine. No complaints there.
4. Spa. We were jetlagged so were at the door at opening time. Shame the staff weren't. We went in and indeed it was open as guests were swimming in the pool bug there was a sign stopping entry into the jacuzzi ( which we ignored ) and the steam room and salt rooms were cool. The sauna wasn't even switched on.
If you are offering these facilities - make sure they are operational at the stated time.
When they were operating correctly ( temperature wise) they were good. A great facility. Although why are your poolside showers freezing cold ??
No cappuccinos here. When asked for we were told " just tea n coffee ". Not good enough I'm afraid. Offer it / even if you charge extra.
Juice - please taste it beforehand. The grapefruit juice was f izzy !! As in off !!!
Reduce the variety if Juices if you are struggling to keep it fresh.
The rest was good. Hubby enjoyed the fry up. I found the cereals and added the fresh melon. Perhaps remove the tinned and frozen fruit. Even pieces of fresh fruit are better.
Overall. This place could be great if they take on board readers comments. It just needs some attention and some management. Would return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifehouse Spa & Hotel, located in Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex, is a contemporary lifestyle spa. Only 80 minutes from London by train and set in 130 acres of grounds, Lifehouse Spa & Hotel will help you revitalise and relax in beautiful surroundings. With a selection of day and residential packages to choose from, guests can indulge in a day of pampering, or truly get away from it all with an overnight stay. With 89 bedrooms, 35 treatment rooms, a gym, exercise studio, swimming pool, sauna & steam room, thermal spa area with salt-inhalation room, relaxation area, manicure and pedicure stations,and 12 acres of listed gardens, you can do as much or as little as you like! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lifehouse Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifehouse Country Hotel Thorpe Le Soken
- Lifehouse Hotel & Spa Thorpe Le Soken, Essex