“Great Irish Pub”

Crotty's
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Kilrush
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Crotty's is currently listed as "Hotels & B&Bs" on your website. They now do food at lunchtime and in the evenings and deserve a Restaurant listing.
Heidelberg
“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed a great evening meal service and atmosphere. Our host Rachael was attentive to all our needs and made our experience memorable

Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, great staff, rude owner!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Having been recommended by friends of ours my husband and I were eager to try out Crotty's! The food really was very nice however the value could have been better. The real nail in the coffin came with the owner! We were severed by three very nice young members of staff, two boys and a lovely girl who was very polite! However the pressure being put on these people by the woman who appeared as the owner was unbelievable. Given orders and bossing them around in different directions while they were trying to do there tasks seemed highly unreasonable and I am surprised that they suffered in silence! My husband and I were appalled and came close to saying something however by the time we went to pay the woman appeared to have left! This kind of treatment cannot be tolerated and we feel there is really no need for it when all members of staff we encountered seemed more then competent! We wrote this because we both run businesses and would never dream of treating our staff like this!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Coolandcollected
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Food and GREAT Service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a great meal at Crotty's. food was excellent. I especially loved the home made desserts!! In addition to the food the service was over and above what we expected. We had a mishap and had to change plans so didn't have a place to stay that night. It was about 8:30pm when we walked in. Crotty's is also a B&B so we thought we may be able to get a couple of rooms there however they were full. We the owner found out that we needed a place to stay, he got on the phone and found us a B&B just up the road call Hillcrest View, which was perfect for us and beautiful inside. Just what we needed. Patrick, the owner, talked with us a while and was very friendly as well as his staff. Instead of having a stressful time after dinner trying to find accommodations, we were able to enjoy our meal and then head off to the B&B. I would highly recommend Crotty's

Visited May 2013
Bramhall, United Kingdom
“great food, great people, great place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family were returning from a day trip to the ring of Kerry when we stopped in Kilrush for dinner. We all had a lovely meal with really good service. the staff were so nice nothing was too much trouble even though they were very busy. Price wise I felt it was good value for money. The home made beef burger was the best we have ever had. we travel throughout the world.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jane S
“Average food but AMAZING staff!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate in Crotty's and what was a very bust Sunday night last! My husband and I were seated in a lovely corner by an old fashioned range was only served to increase our enjoyment. A polite young man came to give us our menus and told us the specials. Our dinner was fine we both had cod and chips but it would have been lovely if they had been homemade chips. Only a small thing however. When the young man came back to take our dessert order he was so friendly and welcoming and even made my husband laugh, which isn't always easy. His Irish coffee was delicious and a fitting end to what was an overall lovely experience which I will definitely be repeating!

• Visited May 2013