“Lovely warm atmospheric place to eat drink and be happy”

Kelly's Bar- Steak & Seafood House
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Kilrush
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Pub, Irish
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We provide good food and good value. A taste of Ireland with a bit of an American Twist. Casual dining. Dress Casual. Family friendly. Follow us on Facebook as well.
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely warm atmospheric place to eat drink and be happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Good food any time of the day or evening. Pleasant staff. Always a welcome and a cead mile failte. Best prices in town for good wholesome food. I recommend the soups. But my son said the steak philly sandwich is the best. Who am i to argue!! Ginny and Ian have made this a home away from home. Well done.

• Visited October 2013

Charleville, Cork, Ireland
“Kelly's of Kilrush, great quality, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have kept returning to Kelly's of Kilrush for lunch regularly now for 20 years. it really is the best. Always great choice and quality and the staff are always pleasant and welcoming and deliver an excellent service. And it helps that the prices are reasonable also, very good value for money!

• Visited September 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“A Cheaper alternative to Crotty's With No Sacrifice in Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We asked a local shopkeeper just off the town square what pub or restaurants nearby he would recommend, and he said"Crotty's or Kelly's" if you want a pub / restaurant. Nothing against Crotty's - the establishment and menu looked fine, it is recommended in either Lonely Planet or Rough Guide to Ireland, but it was a bit pricy for our budget that particular day. Kelly's was just a half block north of the town square, as opposed to being right on that square, Crotty's location.

Kelly's had superb service, great atmosphere, and superb food at a lower price. My friend had crab cakes made without filler - incredibly good - and our standards are high as we are from Maryland. I had a great seafood chowder, rich in a variety and generous in the amount of seafood. Basically you can't go wrong with ordering seafood in Kilrush, as this is a major fishing town.

We were there for a late lunch, so I can't comment on the bar scene. They served the best Guinness I have had to date during my current Ireland vacation. (Note: Of course any pint or glass of Guinness served in Ireland is vastly superior to the best pint of Guinness I've had in the USA.)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Svennicht
Dornbirn, Austria
“Pretty nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My dad and I had a nice evening in a lovely an ambience - the beef was a little bit dry, but however it was a good meal!!

• Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Athlone, Ireland
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I were staying in Kilkee for the weekend and decided to take a drive to Kilrush and are we glad we did!The service and food in Kelly's was excellent with everything cooked fresh.The crab claws were to die for and the portion size was the best I have every got in any restaurant.The four of us left very satisfied and felt we got value for money.We enjoyed the meal so much that the following day we called in on our way home for lunch.

• Visited August 2013