Review Highlights
my parish church

Reviewed August 11, 2018
GlobeTrotting810007
Walking in my great grandmother's footsteps!

Reviewed October 28, 2017
Jo G
Palmerston North, New Zealand
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2018

this is one of the nicest churches in west clare.it is also my parish church,there have been so many celebrity weddings over the last 5 years too,as it is very close to donald trumps golf course and hotel where they go for the reception. we have had members of west life,Ronnie wood of the rolling stones,wayne roonies wife,and many others from stage and screen attending weddings here.it is right on the west coast of ireland,and is a wounderful place to visit and say a quite prayer

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank GlobeTrotting810007
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The architect who designed the church in 1840 is William Owen (and this is the only church he ever designed) who ran the Board of Works.The church was completed by J.J. McCarthy who added the belfry in 1861.Recently modernised.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I went to Kilrush because my great grandmother was from there. It was lovely to see the church and light a candle for her. A beautiful church.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Jo G
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Fantastic structure and great alter. The stained glass windows make this even better. Those who paid for the windows have their names on the bottom of the stained glass. A must see for most.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Went in there to light some candles and to savour the ambiance of the place. My last trip was some 15 years ago

Date of experience: May 2017