“What a feast!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dublin, Ireland
“What a feast!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

In our recent trip to Fuerteventura and our first time in Puerto del Rosario, my partner, my 5 year old daughter and I stumbled upon Los Geranios on the pier. The waiter, who turned out to be the owner sold us a good deal for lunch which we took and it was one of the best decisions we have made. We try not to stick with the same place for food while on holidays but we returned to Los Geranios 3 times and each time we left full. The food was excellent. In Tapas form, the dishes give you tastes of the influences that Mario's wife (a Cuban lady, whose name escapes me right now) has picked up. Whilst there, I have tried the tres carnes dish, a Sargo fish and sardines. Everything fresh and made on the premises. The prawns in garlic and EVOO was to die for. The bruschetta hit the spot and the bread was yummy. The seafood cous cous was simply superb. I can't for the life of me think of the names of each dish I got but there was not one thing I'd not eat again. Mario sells the freshness of the food with gusto, because he can. He is an excellent waiter and spent a lot of time looking after us. Enough for my daughter Emma to ask "when are we going to Mario's again?!" If anyone happens to be in Pto del Rosario, please, take a few hours out of your day to visit Los Geranios for lunch; you'll not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Barry N

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We found this place by chance and the owner Mario told us his wife cooks great Italian food. He was not wrong, and we were not disappointed. Marinated goat and chicken pasta, great starters and deserts good wine all at good prices. Two days later we drove back from Corralejo to have lunch again. Agreat Italian feast, a must in Fuerteventura. It does not get better than this. John T

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and good food, fair price”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch in this restaurant, because the daily menu and the owner attracted us. We couldn't be more right. The food (shrimps and fish) were fresh and well prepared. Instead of another french fries as side dish, we were served soms tasty mashed potatoes wonderfully seasoned. The owner also recommended some local goat cheese which my boyfriend really liked. The price was fair and at the end we discoverd that the restaurant is entirely familie run. We can definitely recommend this restaurant (and the bruschetta and garlic bread)!

Visited June 2013