“Pleasant Stay”
Review of Hotel Colva Kinara

Hotel Colva Kinara
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Colva
Reviewed May 23, 2014

A Hotel so well equipped and well maintained at a wonderful price is something amazing. Nice Rooms, good food, staff is courteous enough with a smile on their face. The Buffet breakfast served at the Restaurant was just amazing. Mr Mehta at the Brazilia restaurant took special care of our food and saw that the food which was served was as per our taste and liking .We thoroughly enjoyed the 2 days and hope to return back in the near future. Cheers to the Colva Kinara Team …

Room Tip: Choose a room with Front view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 26, 2014

just arrived back from Goa having stayed at the Kinara for a week, the hotel was fine, the room was large with a balcony. The breakfast was great and had plenty of choice. Yes the hotel was full of Russians but they have to holiday too. A special mention for Ashwani Komar who works on the front desk, he was there when I checked in, in the early hours of the morning, he was always available if you had any questions. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 208 the room was large with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at the Colva Kinara for 2 nights. The rooms were clean and the the staff was efficient. My brother and I played Foosball. They also have a dartboard for fun. There is free WiFi in the lobby.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were looking around for a good hotel nearby Colva Beach and came across this one... 3000 Rs / night. I was not convinced about this hotel in the first place but somehow I took the room.
The rooms are okay, or rather 'good' for the price range. Clean and Big. Bathrooms were also big and clean. All the basic amenities were present in the room (towels, coffee maker etc). free WiFi but only in hotel lobby.
The staff is very good and supportive.

We didn't had dinner in the Hotel, but there are three restaurants to choose from (I would recommend the one on the pool side)

Also, the hotel is full of Russians!

They have free buffet breakfast which is awesome. Don't miss it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
rohan k, Owner at Hotel Colva Kinara, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hello Sir,
We would like to thank you for your feedback and happy to know that your stay was good.
I would recommend you to have dinner at our food outlets . Here we arrange special discounted promotions only for inhouse guests.
Hoping to see you come back soon.
Thanks again for your feedback.
Rohan Karekar.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks and the whole place is catered for Russians food, music, alcohol! I cant speak a word of Russian so found this really hard lucky the pool staff can speak english, the hotel had power cuts literally every half hour for a few minutes, the wifi is good and fast but did stop working for 3 days, i didn't like the way the manager spoke to the younger staff in front of guests he always seems angry, they need to put a sign above the pool so people don't spit in it! If your a young couple and want some night life colva is not the place for you its just full of old people, and don't swim at the beach unless you want indian paparazzi taking unwanted photos of you!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your feedback.
I do agree that we do have a lot of Russian crowd across Goa for past few years. Language barrier is one problem that we are facing with Russian guests , however our team is trying their best to learn the language.
Internet connectivity was indeed down across the city for all homes and Hotels for 2 whole days . We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
We will certainly work on your feedback to make future experiences better for you and other guests.
Rohan Karekar.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good location, it was peaceful. Pool was really big and clean. Enjoyed sound sleep on good and comfortable bed. LCD TV set with good quality DTH cable. Housekeeping facility was good,excellent cleaning & hygiene. Lot of scope to improve the quality of towel. Humble and cooperative Staff. Excellent food. just loved and Enjoyed. I missed some indoor games, but you all can explore it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
rohan k, Owner at Hotel Colva Kinara, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback.
It encourages our staff to strive more to make future experiences better.
Hoping to see you choose our hotel for future stay at Goa.
Regards,
Rohan karekar.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in this hotel just for a day when my morning train was 12 hours late. The asked the auto guy to take me to some decent budget hotel near beach where I can spend the day. So after some search here and there I found this hotel. This looked nice and clean. I asked the reception guy to give me the cheapest room available since I only had to spend the day and leave in evening. So he gave me a room for Rs. 1200. It was late September 2013.

Property is nice clean. Room was decent too for its price. Reasonably sized, clean with a balcony facing some greenery. Bathroom was a let down.

I ordered parathas and some other North Indian stuff. Food was ok and reasonably priced. However what I didn't like was the service. Very poor. Also the electric kettle in the room for tea coffe was in bad shape and very dirty. They changed the kettle on request. The quality of tea/coffee, sugar, milk satchet was also not good. Some local product.

Another thing that I didn't like was the attitude of reception guy. He sounded very rude. May be he needs some lesson on how to behave with customers in this business.

Overall I would say It is decent nice clean property at a very nice location (walking distance from beach). However poorly managed. Poor service creates bad experience in the minds of customers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
Baywatch Beach Resort
#4 of 18 in Anjuna
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Hotel Colva Kinara? Share your experiences!