“Great Food , Fantastic View”

Mickey's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Colva
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Mumbai
“Great Food , Fantastic View”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

It a nice restaurant hidden away in the far corner of the Colva beach, unless you are of the exploring type you might miss it.

After eating couple of times at Leada we wanted to try something different, since Leda did not offer much for Vegetarian and for Non-Veg the choices are not regular ( if you are Indian ).

I had read review about Mickey on Trip Advisor and also the manager at Mangie ( Italian restaurant in Panji) which we had visited earlier in the day had encouraged us to try it since we were staying at Colva.

I must say it was a good decision, the food generally is good. Though we had issues with the Thai food , we had ordered Thai Red curry which tasted more like tomato sauce , my wife got bugged and asked me to order some other dish. I called the steward and asked him to get me Veg Manchurian since we dint like the Thai Red Curry, on which he enquired if this was the first time we had Thai Food. Since he asked us politely we were not offended and explained him what was wrong with the dish. He quickly got us ( in 2 Minutes I am serious) Gobi Manchurian, since the Veg Manchurian would have taken a longer time and that would have meant interruption in our meal.

We really liked the way they handled the situation and to top it, the Thai Red curry was not added to our Bill, all this without us making any fuss. It’s very rare to find such service in Goa for Indian customers.

The experience was so nice that we decided to visit again, this time we tried Indian food, we ordered Veg Kolahapuri since I had read good review in one of the post on Trip Advisor. I must say it was indeed good , unlike the kind of Veg-Kolahapuris that we get in Mumbai , its high on recommendation if you are looking for Veg food and its not all that spicey.

The drinks are good and reasonably priced considering its for 60 ML, the Cocktail are bit expensive but are good, my wife liked the Blue lagoon served in MIkeys over the one in Leda.

Had visited with kids, 7 yrs old daughter and 2 yrs old Son, all of us like the place and food.

Its high on my recommendation

• Visited November 2012

“Nice beach-side restaurant”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We found out about this place only because we were staying at a resort just ahead of this restaurant. It's at the end of a lonely road and I wouldn't be able to find it had I not being staying there.
The location is excellent and the food worth the fare.
They had live music when we visited.

Unfortunately, our year old daughter wasn't in the mood for a good dinner I guess. We had to head out after a drink and a few appetizers.. We'll be back soon though. :)

• Visited July 2012
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“very tasty food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have tried there veg. kolhapuri and a veg. biryani. both are very tasty. also location is bang on. just on the colva beach.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank bhavesh_09
Mumbai
“Open late night and great food”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The only place in Colva - Margao area open late night (as per Goan standards) - 11 pm.
This place is open till 12 midnight, in off season.
Practically on the beach, this is sea front and a lovely setting.

The food is delicious.
We had pork, beef, fish, dessert.
All very tasty.

The service is quick and attentive.
Food served without delay.
The place is clean and well maintained.

Value for money.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank indian1203
Sydney, Australia
“Location, good food, decent service - what else do you want?”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

We visit Goa every year, sometimes more than once and are always keen to try places recommended by the locals. We dont usually hang out near Colva and this time took a friend's advice and tried Mickey's. We were rather bored of goan food having had it continuously for a few days so tried out the chinese. It was surprisingly good and we also liked the ambience, its right on the beach. We returned to Mickey's another evening during our holiday and enjoyed it the second time round. Now its on my list whenever I come to south Goa.

1 Thank ShareKhan4