“A Safe Getaway for a Solo Traveller”

Vailankanni Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colva
Vailankanni Cottages
Ranked #12 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Colva
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked a room for two days through my travel agent. Didn't imagine it was so popular a name that the private bus ferrying me from Murgao to Colva dropped me at it's doorstep. Cost me Rs. 900/day in July. Besides a shower not working and the poor reception of the cable TV, everything else was good. Anyways I wasn't there to watch TV. The employees subtly reminded me that I shouldn't dabble in anything disreputable. They gave me good advice and sent me on a day-long trip, which I enjoyed thoroughly. The manager arranged for my airport drop too. The auto driver was excellent. I had to return half-way from the airport because I forgot my mobile at the hotel reception desk. The guy didn't charge me extra. It was a pleasant surprise in today's date. I tipped him handsomely.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom first and be cautious about who's your next-door neighbor. Two men in the nei...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank niladrivictor
There are newer reviews for Vailankanni Cottages

Reviewed June 14, 2013

we visited this month.great look for budget travelers to goa.veri near colva beach.the room are cleaned good staff and arrangement for local transport at reception good place for stay with family too

ASHOK SHAHANI
PARK ROAD
BHAWANIPATNA,ODISHA

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank chandubhawanipatna
Reviewed April 5, 2013

we visited Go in the month of March 2013 (Please avoid traveling in month of march its too hot out there) Hotel was good but the service was too slow, we disappointed on the service part and i would not advice to take any kind of food service- not that good

Location is fantastic and in market - hot location...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jerrymumbai
Reviewed August 24, 2012

"The search for homely place ends here"-the moto of this hotel is 100% correct.
Lodging-We went there on 25th March & checked out on 28th.It was a comfortable stay with my family.The rooms were cleaned very nicely.The attached bath is decorated nicely & 24hours running hot & cold water.
Food-There r variety of food.From low to high costs,Indian,seafood,South Indian etc.The quality of food is not very high but it is liable to take nicely.
Staff attitude-Staff attitude is very nice.Their polite attitude gratified us.
Tours-They have own transport to do Goa tour for the tourist of their own hotels.
*In a word I spent a nice stay&if I shall further go to Goa I shall stay in this hotel*

Room Tip: "Rooms at any places r comfortable"
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank arkaprabha_engg
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great look for budget travelers to Goa.
Nice rooms, clean surroundings, Close to Colva beach
Small restaurant @not so bad price.
Good staff and arrangement for local transport @ reception.
Over all good place to stay with family too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank vkaithamana
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We checked in at 9.30am, the room looked decent but when we removed the bed sheet it was surprising and shocking to see the mattress with stain on it, so we complaint to the manager by then the owner arrived and we asked him to change the mattress but he had an ready answer, "You should have seen Good Hotel" why have you come to this hotel. more soever he garbed the deposit for the day and made his living.
In the Name of Vailankanni why you do business and chit decent people.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank luisMumbai
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Stayed here on the 18th and 19th Apr... We were planning to stay in southgoa and decided on Colva.. We didnt make any reservations and as it was an offseason, we were sure to stay in some place decent enuf to fit our budget... Decided on Vailankanni after a lot of searching in the near by region as it cost us a lil less than 1k for a AC room in the scorching summer heat... The rooms were small but good enuf to get some sleep.. what i really liked were the bathrooms.. very clean and neat.. no ameneties provided.. no towels and no soap... not that i was really looking forward to it.. Anyways.. next reality was no room service.. not even a phone to call the reception.. had to walk down two storeys for any small thing..

Day 1 and 2 was fine until we were woken up by the hotel folks that we will have to vacate the rooms as it was "given" to someone else a few months in advance and it was a "glitch" in their record books... now i slept late after a heavy party the previous night and wanna sleep until late noon without havin to be woken up by someone crooks asking us to vacate the room.. it was disgusting.. It was even more pathetic when we had to fight for getting our refund back ( we had booked two rooms for 4 and 6 nights respectively )... Whichever ways.. we were more than happy to get out of the stinkhole... the AC was present but the cooling was not anywhere around plesant... mosquitos were far from being friendly... all in all.. it was horrible... the manager tried to put on a smiley face all the time though... but the Dork at the reception was awefull... would pretend to ignore u and he would do it in style.. food is pathetic... Theres not been a single morning during our stay that i havent seen one or two guests fighting with the staff... one of the guests was asked to unpack his stuff in the lobby while checking out coz "apparantly" the hotel suspected him of running away with the blanket.... it was lousy.. and the guest was annoyed.... n yes !!! the blanket was in the room all the time. !!! and when the annoyed guest raised his voice... he was shooed away saying "tis is a FAMILY place" ... i am sure i;d never take my family and will urge everyone to stop taking their family to such a place.. Go to North Goa..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple