“One of the Best Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Colva
New Delhi, India
“One of the Best Hotel”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at Lucky Star in Feb 2012. I must say, the hotel has warm & welcoming staff. Perfect Location for honeymoon couples as its right on the beach.
The Hotel made sure that my stay is perfect. Infact, the service was EXCELLENT.
On special request the Hotel made arrangement for a cozy candle light dinner on the terrace.
Delivered pizza on the beach.
If ever I'll go again to Goa... I know the Hotel I want to stay in.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gurpreet_Nikhil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pune, India
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here for two days. It's a beach facing resort with clean and cosy rooms with 3 star facilities. My stay here has been very good. Sea view from restaurant and rooms makes for a relaxing and a quiet stay.The staff was extremely helpful.
In my opinion one of the best places in Colva to stay with family or friends giving you a lot more value than you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Amit_2012
Europa
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Ok... to summarise: this place would be great if it cleaned the rooms once in a while and had the slightest inkling about how to treat guests; it's in a good location right on the beach, has an OK (but slow) restaurant and a pretty decent bar.

The details:

We arrived here at 7am after getting into Madgaon an hour before. When we arrived the staff were sleeping in the restaurant on beds made from the tables, and using the tablecloths as blankets. These tablecloths then appeared on the tables later the same day. At first we were waved away and shouted at to leave because we had woken them up. Fair enough I suppose, but then the cab driver came in, shook one of them awake who then went to fetch his boss. The boss/receptionist was a nice guy, he showed us the room, negotiated us a fair price and left us to it.

So far so good. The fan didnt work in the room though so i mentioned this and we were then switched to the room next door that had an identical layout... thing is, this room stank. It stank of dust, dirt and that strange stale smell that usually means cockroaches or mice are present. The bed was dusty and smelly like it hadn't been changed in a few weeks. I did procure other sheets for the bed though with a minimum of fuss.

So i'll stop rambling now: our room had roaches. BIG ones too. They were in the bathroom and walking around the place over our bags and clothes and whatever else. I told the management who came and put some spray around the place but since the roaches had retreated to wherever they were quite half-[-] in preventative measures. They also did a very half-[-] job of cleaning the room too and when we went in, the bathroom floor was a little damp, btu the piles of sand from our sandals had not moved an inch. Some cleaning job.

The next day we had more roaches so i caught one, took a few pics and went to complain again to reception that the room had roaches. I was asked if i "was sure it wasn't the bed" to which I replied that even if she was joking, we were leaving. Then she accused me and my wife of bringing the roaches with us in our bags and releasing them in their hotel... this understandably annoyed me. She then said they had never had instances of roaches before, so I asked why they had cockroach bug spray if it had never happened and i have pictorial evidence and indeed, a captured bug as proof. Other travellers we met had also had the same problem, so it was a blatant lie.

So this place would have been great if it wasn't for the rudeness of the staff, the dirtiness of the hotel itself and if the food arrived a bit quicker. I find it hard to believe they accuse paying guests of bringing cockroaches with them to the hotel. I did mention that if they were in my room then they would be others elsewhere such as in the kitchen, the bar and every other room since cockroaches don't go around on their lonesome. This comment was laughed away.

I really doubt the staff give a damn about heir patrons havign a good time and I got the impression they just want paid.

Other travellers we met were charged 50 rs per toilet roll, when they weren't told it was even charged for so they had a 350 rs 'extra' on their bill... like i said, they only seem bothered about money and not giving their guests and clean and comfortable environment to stay in.

Avoid this place if you can, or insist the room is cleaned thoroughly (and watch them do it), and look under the beds and in the bathrooms for roaches. You can do better in Goa for the same money.

Stayed June 2008
8 Thank Woooo

Travelers are raving about these Colva hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
Longuinhos Beach Resort
#15 of 17 in Colva
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Lucky Star Hotel? Share your experiences!