“Hmmmm”

Silver Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Colva
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel could be nice but isn't. The staff were rude and unhelpful with any issues. Free wifi was advertised which would of been helpful as we had some planning to do but only worked for about 20minutes out of the four days we were there. When we asked reception about it we were just told to go to an Internet cafe.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank SammyB22
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA

Thank you very much for staying with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with your recent stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the same.

May I kindly request you to forward me your contact details on sanjay@silversandsgoa.com and I will personally reach out to take a detailed feedback on your experience. I look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Myself and my partner booked this before moving on to another country on our trip. First thing first, the advertised wifi doesn't work. When myself and my boyfriend asked if they could reset or fix it two days in a row as we needed to book a flight the receptionist informed us there was Internet cafe across the road and that would work. The conditions of the pool were okay and it is nice and deep at 9ft one end however there is a sign written very poorly in English that myself and my partner couldn't make out, it definitely says something along the lines of not going in naked, this is a given I would have thought however, I had six staff from the kitchen staring at me while I used the pool wearing a costume. The next day I wore a t-shirt over the top but a similar thing happened, this did not happen to Indian guests. We were the only white people in the hotel at the time and other Indian guests and staff stared at us, even smiling politely did not make a difference I felt like an animal at a zoo. The rooms are okay for India, don't expect anything amazing anywhere, we had a small lizard in our room that didn't bother me and the air con worked enough to cool down but wasn't amazing. The breakfast food had really dirty cups that looked unwashed properly however the one saving grace was the food which was quite good, the service wasn't great, you could see various tables waiting for drinks, they weren't over staffed nor busy as it was at the end of the season. Overall I wouldn't recommend booking here, nor Colva as a whole with its rubbish strewn and sewage spoiled beach especially if you're western you won't feel welcome

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Samika710

Reviewed June 5, 2014

this is a very nice place to stay in south goa,it is located almost on the colva beach.
the rooms are just ok.they need to maintain this place properly to attract more tourists.
the location of the hotel is best and even the restaurant offers a open air seating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dharmishmehta

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA !!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services; our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Silver Sands, GOA in the near future.

Warm regards

Sanjay Singh Baghel

Reviewed May 31, 2014

A good hotel to stay in south goa, its almost on the beach, with a swimming pool and spa centre, the morning breakfast is good(specially the south Indian and Chinese) tough the platter is very limited. The administration is friendly. The rooms are good with all the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tujesh G
silversandsgoa, General Manager at Silver Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2016

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Silver Sands Beach Resort GOA !!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Silver Sands, GOA in the near future.

Warm regards

Sanjay Singh Baghel

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I made this booking for my marriage anniversary and my 2years old son is with me on Yatra.com which was duly conformed by written mail. Hotel management was not even knowing about this booking and any such package. There was no booking in hotel in my name (why that conformation was asked??) I have to forward the mail to hotel management myself and inform them about package at time of checkin..

Please note my experience about the inclusions of package :
A. Dabolim Airport/Margao Railway Station Transfers : the hotel is really remote located and such provision is necessary. But yatra or hotel didn't bothered to inform about any such provision. When i called Hotel then they asked me to reach Colva beach by whatever means and find the hotel on my own. This shows their concern about customers.

B. Accommodation in a well-appointed, air-conditioned Standard Deluxe Double Room : the room is routine ac room on corner. Doesn't include anything special for holiday room. The window views are not sea facing nor pool facing, nothing well-appointed at all. There is just one soap provided. Even very small hotels provide paste, soap, shampoo and comb as basic service. When i am spending 2000 per day per person, is it too much to ask for soap and shampoo??

C. Welcome drink on arrival (non-alcoholic) : not offered. The hotel was not even knowing that any such booking exist so there was no welcome.

D. Buffet breakfast and dinner at the hotel : The dinner was not buffet. The restaurant staff was good and they offered to order any 2 vegetables and bread etc. The food served on 1st dinner was good quality but we all know difference between buffet and alacarte. There was no salad and papad, we have to order it. And salad was poor quality. Then when ordering lunch, everything that i asked for was not available. There was no mashroom dish, no bamboo dish.. many things mentioned in menu (under veg section) were not available. Only spring role and manchurian snaks was available. Is it resort or daily-meal place where u serve standard lunch-dinner? This is hard to believe but even vanilla milkshake is not available. Is it really hard to make/avail vanilla milkshake? Things promised in inclusion are not available and chargeable menu items are also not available. Also note that the breakfast served in morning was not hot. The idly and wada was cold and it was not changed even after demand. When i ordered my 3rd dinner then hotel staff said that chef is too busy to take orders so i have to eat whateer they provide. The food served on 3rd dinner was cold and i have to call managers to get it changed.

E. In-room tea/coffee maker with complimentary replenishment once a day : There is no coffee maker in the room.

F. 2 full-day sightseeing tour of South Goa and North Goa in a coach on SIC basis, followed by a 1-hour boat cruise with live entertainment on Mandovi River : No advance information was given about this. Hotel informed us at 8.15 about the bus leaving at 9:00. How am i suppose to get ready with a kid of 2years in just 45 mins? So i skipped it for 1st day. The tour operator charged us 600/- extra for the tour even when it was part of package.

G. Complimentary use of Wi-Fi internet services : the password was not working so no net for yesterday. I received the password in 2nd day afternoon. Hotel could have informed it at time of checkin or while service.

H. Complimentary two bottles of packaged drinking water everyday : not provided even after demand. We purchased 3 bottles and then they provided 6 bottles at a time after repeated calls. Till then i have used chargeable drinking water from restaurant.

I. Complimentary use of swimming pool : This was good experience. Only comfortable thing i found in here.

Considering all this i think this is really worse experience of my life. If i would have come to goa then i could have myself arranged a room food and site seeing in far better way.

I have received a SMS from Yatra saying 'Your Complaint Has Been Resolved'. When noone from Yatra or Hotel Management talked with me, how my complaint can be resolved??

My anniversary is completely ruined and yatra + hotel management is responsible for it...

Room Tip: Don't goto silver sand beach resort. better live at sea shore on your own..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank vinamita

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed in this hotel only for a night and felt blessed that we stayed only for a night! Rooms are terrible,Stinking and corridors are like the ones in horror movies.!Restaurant is an epitome of unhygienic conditions!!Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
5  Thank riuthane

Reviewed April 3, 2014

tons of garbage on the way to your room besides the moldy smell. bathroom with more moldy smell. the mattresses ripped apart. inside the bathroom hanging electric wire just beside the shower. the whole impression is of a place falling apart and unprofessional repaired. once sure a nice hotel when they finish building it, but with "0" maintenance what can u expect.
never again. dont let you fool from the pictures posted. also the breakfast is a joke. the cheapest toast bread, plastic marmalade and the chai tastes horrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OliverMichael

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
Baywatch Beach Resort
Amigo Plaza
Amigo Plaza
#12 of 39 in Salcette
William's Beach Retreat

Been to Silver Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!