Stayed here for 4 nights end of November 2007. The hotel is an old converted farmhouse in the middle of the countryside, about half an hour's drive north of Arrecidfe airport. You need to rent a car to stay here, but definitely worth considering if you want to see a different side of Lanzarote from the beach resorts. It's location in the middle of the island makes it ideal if you want to see as much as possible in a short break. It is not the place to go if you are looking for sun and sea.
The hotel has about 10 rooms and a couple of suites. We booked a suite (costing little more than a room), and it was very comfortable with a stunning picture window giving views across towards Teguise and the sea beyond. It was unseasonably cold when we stayed there, but we were provided with a couple of oil-filled radiators which kept us warm. The bedroom was comfortable, the bathroom huge with a bath and separate shower - but no door, it was open to the small (cupboard-lined) corridor which connected the sitting room and bedroom.
The large restaurant at the hotel serves very good food, and seemed to be quite well patronised by locals. There is a small bar, but only big enough for about 4 people, so on a chilly evening there is not much to do except eat and then retire early - the tv did not have any english-
speaking stations, only spanish and german. Would imagine in warmer months it would be very pleasant to sit in the garden or on the terrace with a refreshing cold drink, but not in November!
The breakfasts were served in a smaller room and were self service with a good choice of cereals, cheese, cold meats, fruit etc and eggs cooked to order. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the hotel clean and very peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caserío de Mozaga is a traditional canarian farmhouse built in late XVIII century and listed in the Historic Catalogue of Lanzarote located in an estate of approximately 10.000 sqm.8 double rooms, two of them with private salon.Each room has bathroom fully equipped with bath, hair dryer, amenities, magnifying mirror, wifi, satellite television and heating.•Lounge•WIFI: free access•Laundry•Private Parking•Car rental•Massage Service•Doctor Assistance•Fax•Help and advice on the variety of activities to be found in the island: cultural, nature, sports, gastronomic and special events.•Breakfast from 08.30 to 10.30 a.m.•Caserío de Mozaga counts with a restaurant -independently managed- located in the old stables of the farmhouse. It opens every evening from 19,30 to 22,30 p.m. Tuesday closed.Macaronesia GardenAtractive garden of volcanic sand planted with endemic plants of the island and samples of blossom flowers, cactus and a large variety of bushes and flowers of the macaronesia region.You can enjoy Aloes,Echiums, Aeoniums, Cardones , Veroles and different types of lichens, buganvilleas, canary palms, drago and big rubber plants.We have no umbrellas but the rubber plants and palm trees will protect you from the sun , and you will enjoy the relax of reading or sleeping under their shade. New solarium area with rain shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caserio de Mozaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caserio De Mozaga Hotel San Bartolome
- Caserio De Mozaga Lanzarote/San Bartolome, Spain