All reviews the owner voga sa region reception mar barcelona town
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Sa Voga for 2 nights.Like the hotel and the breakfast.Room furnitures was not so new but room was very clean.
When we were there we changed our mind and decided to stay 2 nights instead of 3 nights.They helped us about this situation without any problem.If you want a nice hotel in Arenys de Mar stay here:)

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
SaVoga, Propietario at Sa Voga Hotel Amb Encant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thank you for your stay and your feedback. I would like to point out that part of the furniture are antiques on purpose. when possible, the original pieces from the building have been preserved. The rest are unique antiques that have been carefully chosen according to the room's character. This is one of the charms of our hotel, every room is unique. Thanks again and we hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is super charming with a very nice taste im decoration. We had a room with a fantastic terrace, were we had the romantic package with breakfast in the room. The owner is really sweet and made wonderful dining recommendations as well! Also the location is great for the hotel is very close to the beautiful beach of Arenys de Mar. A must if you want to escape from the city life!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Arenys de Mar as part of a tour of the region and we found it to be an enchanting town with extremely friendly people. The same we found to be of the hotel.
The manager welcomed us on arrival and in her absence at other times, as we were visiting out of season, the hostess looked after us extremely well during breakfast. We were given extremely helpful information regarding local sites and restaurant.
The hotel was very tastefully decorated to a high standard and extremely clean and comfortable.
This hotel is perfectly placed in the town and for site seeing in the region; be it to Barcelona or Girona, or the beautiful coastline.
A big thank you to Tuli; what a star

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
SaVoga, Propietario at Sa Voga Hotel Amb Encant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2017

Thank you very much for your coment! Sorry about my absence but I've recently give a birth... Hope we see each other in another time!

PS: Tuli is very Happy with your present ;) Thank you!

Núria

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I stayed at this hotel with two other friends. I have to say that the hotel is quite nice. All the facilities were perfectly fine: comfortable room, good bathroom, nice dining room, overall quiant hotel. BUT, the service was terrible and the surprising thing is that it was at the level of the hotel manager. Everything was fine when we communicated by email. She kindly booked our room and also made a reservation for us at the local spa. But the day we checked in, she seemed to have a bad day and her attitude was unacceptable. I could see she was pregnant but that is no excuse to treat your clients rudely. First and foremost, she seemed overwhelmed working at the reception of the hotel. We felt like we were bothering her from the moment we walked in with our luggage. Her child was running around the hotel, which was not a problem for us, but she seemed to be upset and her upset carried over into her interaction with us. After a long and unpleasant check-in, she asked us to pay the room which we found odd since normally one pays at the check-out. But we didn´t really make an issue of this and paid her just as well. Our bill came to 285€ and we paid with a 500€ bill. She frowned upon handing her the bill and told us that we should go to a nearby bank to change the bill into a smaller denomination. I told her it was a saturday! She said then to go to a shop as she does not have the change. I was ready to go to change it when she commented to me, "Who walks around with a 500€ bill?" Well, we are tourists and we had cash for our trip. I found her comment completely inappropriate and told her that if it was not convenient for her to go make the change, then we would as we had all the time in the world. However, I did say that I had never been in a hotel which reacted this negatively to a client. She then took the bill and said she will take care of it, but in a very ruffled manner.

The next morning she saw us walk into the dining room for breakfast and did not even smile or say good morning. Her subordinate, however, asked us how we slept and if everything was comfortable. We appreciated this approach more than the manager´s cold shoulder.

Granted this is a small, family run hotel and perhaps they do not have the resources of a medium nor large establishment, but it takes very little to speak politely with your hotel guests. I´m sorry to say that if the hotel manager needs a lesson in customer service, I don´t have much hope for the future of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank SVeggia
SaVoga, Propietario at Sa Voga Hotel Amb Encant, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Hi, I'm Núria, the owner and the person whose attitude you say was
unacceptable. I'm so sorry that you felt like this. It wasn't my intention.
As you said, everything was good the many times we talked prior to
your arrival (via email and phone). As other clients can confirm, I am
normally friendly, it might well be that those days I wasn’t in the best of
moods and I have no excuse for that so again, I apologise. I know that
it is not your fault and I ought to keep my feelings to myself when
dealing with guests. It seems I failed to do so and I didn't realize until I
read your comment. I am aware that this apology will not change your
experience but I hope it helps. I appreciate this feedback because the
welfare of our customers is our main priority and our aim is to better the
service we offer and make our guests feel at home.
Regarding the payment during the check-in, we have this policy as a
consequence of previous incidents in which the guests left the hotel
without paying while the reception was closed. This is why we tend to
charge the total of the stay during the check-in. Unfortunately, this is the
only way to keep things like that from happening.
As for the 500€ note, I probably should have been more resourceful and
calm although I don’t remember the situation the same way you do. We
don’t usually accept 500€ notes and with it being Saturday, we would
have run out of change so I asked if you could make another type of
payment. You refused to do so despite your friends offers to pay with
smaller bills, therefore I told you I would figure it out if you gave me
some time to find change. I don’t recall saying “who walks around
with…?” and neither does my colleague. What I meant at all times is
that guests don’t often pay with such bills but credit/debit card. For that
and for chances of theft we avoid keeping large amounts of cash at
reception. Also I would like to point out that you are not a tourist, fair
enough you aren’t Spanish but you are a resident here so it isn’t the
same. You are writing your comment as if you were just on a trip but
you are living in Barcelona, so I would ask you not to give misleading
information. I admit you did not get the treat you expected but I don’t
accept that you manipulate the facts.
Lastly, I didn’t purposely not smile or greet you the next morning. I
normally do so. It wasn’t my intention to make you feel uncomfortable
whatsoever.
Thank you again for your feedback I hope my answer was helpful,
Best regards.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

SaVoga now is 4 star hotel even nicer than before, perfect rooms, breakfast extremely good and service very friendly and professional. Located close to the city center and the beach. Best quality price option in the area.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
SaVoga, Propietario at Sa Voga Hotel Amb Encant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Hi, thank you for staying at Sa Voga. We are pleased with your review.