Tripadvisor
Alicante
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent food but not atmosphere ”
Review of La Sastreria

La Sastreria
Ranked #142 of 1,860 Restaurants in Alicante
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food. Polite but snobbish manner to treat the customers. My foreign background might be the reason. No tips left.

Date of visit: January 2020
marialuisa r, Propietario at La Sastreria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your visit.

Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed November 2, 2019 via mobile

This place was the best meal I had in Alicante. We went for lunch first and the cod in tempura was so good we reserved for the following night. Nothing could be faulted. The starters of crispy cheese and Aubergine caviar were tasty and not too heavy and the lemon sorbet dessert was refreshing and light. The showstopper was certainly the beef medallion with garlic- It was exceptional and paired with a local red wine, the night was relaxing and perfect.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank 260ciarah
marialuisa r, Propietario at La Sastreria, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2019

Dear Ciarah, thank you so much for your visit and very nice critic in T. AD. . Sincerely yours.
María Luisa La Sastrería

Reviewed October 27, 2019

We spent nine days in Alicante and the daily menu in La Sastrería was by far the best price-quality lunch. 15 euros = salmorejo (like gazpacho), roasted beef with herbs, dessert + a drink. Everything fresh and tasty and the personal was very friendly. Moreover the restaurant is located in a very nice square close to the historical centre.

Date of visit: October 2019
marialuisa r, Propietario at La Sastreria, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Thank you so much for your visit. Hope to see you soon.La Sastrería

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

I had lunch with family in La Sastreria earlier this week, while visiting Alicante on Easter break. As a frequent visitor to Alicante, Nou Manolin and Taberna del Gourmet would be high on my list of great places to dine. However, I was delighted to try a new place on the recommendation of a local. I am so glad that I did. La Sastreria exceeded all expectations - the decor was very sophisticated yet pleasant, the owner Maria Luisa was welcoming and very knowledgeable about food in general and her menu in particular. The food itself was full of flavour with fresh local ingredients. It was obvious from the other diners, who included what appeared to be local business people and a local grandmother with her two grandchildren ( who Maria Luisa introduced us to as we had a nine year old with us), that we are not the only people who enjoyed our experience hugely. I can’t wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2019
marialuisa r, Propietario at La Sastreria, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Anna, thank you so much for your visit with your family, and for to agregate my restaurat in your list. Hope to see you next time. María Luisa, owner

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We read a few reviews on TA and decided to go on a Friday evening. We hadn't booked and arrived around 9pm. All outside tables were full. We asked the waiter if he had a free table and he asked whether we wanted inside or out. We said we preferred outside so he kindly set up a table for 2 under a gum tree. We order a chicken n artichoke paella for 2, a G&t and small beer 36€.

Very good service and delicious food. Must speak some Spanish I would suggest although menu in English too but not the paella dishes.

Date of visit: June 2018
marialuisa r, Propietario at La Sastreria, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Dear Nettienan, thank you so much for your visit and for yuor nice critic in T.AD.. My waiter and I, will be very happy to see you again. But..... you have to learn my beautiful idiom. Spanish, my restaurant is in Spain. I speak yours. Best regards, Maria Luisa, propietary