All reviews rooftop pool the bus city centre minute walk nice hotel old town sun loungers complimentary water underground parking small pool minutes from the airport bars and restaurants weekend break late check shopping area superior room reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend break. Hotel a fair walk from the main areas. Not sure what the link is to Marriott. Bed was ok but not usual Marriott standard. Bar service was shockingly bad. Two nights running we left the bar without getting served. Would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DireccionACALicante, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Thank you for choosing us during your stay in Alicante.
I am very sorry to know your opinion about the service bar and also I am surprised as our guest ´s opinions about the bar use to be very positive . I do not know if the bar was very busy or the reason why you were not served.
Please accept our sincere apologies for it .We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Alicante.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

The hotel has invested in great beds - really appreciated. Sleep may however get disturbed by a fairly noisy environment and not -very-soundproof windows.

Breakfast is OK but the coffee machine is a bottle neck where people line up. And what is the point of having all sorts of Nespresso pods when the container description of what the different pods contain is not there any longer? I might end up with a decaf!

You have to bend down to pick up plates and glasses, not convenient at all.

Finally, I received new bathroom bottles (shampoo etc) every day during my three-night stay, even though I had barely used them. Multiplied by hundreds or thousands of guest nights, it means significant waste for the hotel and a bad ecological example. You can do better.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DireccionACALicante, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Thank you for choosing us during your last visit to Alicante. We are glad to know you have overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our main goal is to improve our services to get our guests enjoy an excellet hotel experience and our guests opinions help us to get it . We appreciate your opinions about the breaksfast and we consider them to enhance the buffet.
Regarding the bathroom amenities, I agree with you and I think we will change this method in the near future.
We will like to regain your trust and hope you serve you again.

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at the AC Hotel Alicante several times over the years because we like visiting the vibrant city. A 10-15mins walk to the shops, restaurants, cafes/bars, old town and beach. We checked in online and were able to request room amenities prior to our arrival. All the staff were welcoming, friendly and very helpful, especially Louise (?) with whom I shared my love of AleHop, although I still don’t know where the store is located in Alicante. The room was clean, the shower was powerful, the bed was very comfy, there was a fridge (we didn’t buy any of the over-priced contents) and a small bottle of water was provided (free). I did ask for a kettle, but this wasn’t available. Breakfast was a combination of an extensive continental buffet and ‘hot’ dishes including baked beans (they weren’t on offer at the Salford Quays Marriott in the UK)! Unfortunately the ‘hot’ food was barely warm, but, otherwise, breakfast was very good. Underground parking is tight and costs €12 per day. WiFi is free for Reward Members and an adequate speed. Several guests were dining in the evening, but we went to Sabor (see separate review). We like this hotel and will return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DireccionACALicante, Director General at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments and we love that you are one of our regular clients and enjoy coming to Alicante. We appreciate your comments and opinión which helps us improve and make your experience a memorable one. AleHop is one of my favourites too and I can tell you that there is one at the Train Station, very close to the hotel, also another one further away at Plaza Mar Shopping Center! you can pop in during your next visit!

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

We like this modern hotel. Its location suits us really well. It's just 20 minutes from the airport on the C6 bus yet within easy walking distance of the bus station, rail station, harbour and Mercado shopping district. It's very clean, the WiFi works fine, staff are friendly and helpful and the open bar and lounge area are welcoming and pretty sociable. The beds are comfy and there's a choice of pillows. There's a good rooftop space with a pool and there is a gym.
So, finally, here's the but... there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, although the Marriott's own website seems to suggest there are. There isn't even a complimentary morning coffee station in the lobby for those who don't want or don't have time to enjoy a full breakfast which is a surprise for a business hotel in this price range
This isn't a deal-breaker, just a suggestion. We have stayed here a couple of times thanks to Marriott points and will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

So trendy here. 2 lifts here at this hotel. Only one of the lifts goes to the basement area. We Stayed on floor 8. If you get the chance to ask ask for high up. You can see the port and the bus station. We saw the C6 bus. The C6 bus takes you to the airport and you can use your English contactless card. Or Welsh or Scottish contactless card I suppose. Avoid trying to make a tea at Breakfast just go with coffee.