“Would stay here again!”
Review of AC Hotel Alicante

AC Hotel Alicante
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great hotel just 10-15 minutes walk from the beach and harbour. Spacious room with a big bed, desk, closet, tv and a bathroom (though it has a glass door....).

+ The rooftop pool, (could use more sun beds, always crowded), the location (close to beach/city/harbour/corte ingles)

- When we asked the hotel about recommendations about WHERE (i.e a name of a restaurant) to eat dinner at the clerk just showed us a map and drew a circle around the city and said: Here you can eat. And did the same thing with the "old town".. Well yes, I understood that, I am not retarded thank you very much.. We never asked them anything again.

If I go back to Alicante I would stay here again. It is clean, close to everything and we got it for a great price. I recommend it but do not expect help from the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica A

Reviewed July 8, 2013

good points:
Quiet and safe feeling area
brilliantly air conditioned rooms
pool on the roof
lots of choice at breakfast
room cleaned everyday

bad points:
staff were a little slow on check in (understandable however as i think receptionist was training)
bit of a walk to the beach and the city- nice at night but just too hot in the day
decor kind of dark and dingy - not that welcoming
walls quite thin and could hear cleaners and other guests roaming about

Overall no problems or major complaints, but wasn't blown away by any aspect of the stay either.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo W
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Location: walking distance from town centre/marina/railway/bus station. Restaurant is slightly overpriced and if you are staying for over 5 days, you may find the menu slightly boring. Rooms are modern, however, standard rooms could benefit from: free coffee sets, wider and larger beds in twin rooms, better quality shampoo and conditioner and a larger selection of alcoholic drinks in the mini bar.

The sun terrace (pool) is stylish but could benefit from more sun loungers.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A well designed sharply decorated modern hotel ideal for a short break (5 nights) decent if limited dinner menu. The hotel is situated 10mins from the centre of the city, like most of Alicante the area could do with a good clean, that said I felt safe at all times and encountered no problems. Our room was fine and for those who moan about a lack of English Speaking TV why not try Blackpool or Southend next time. One thing, we went during a Catholic Festival to St someone or other, the locals expressed their devotion by lighting firecrackers and playing Euro Techno till the wee small hours. So sleep was difficult but siestas were made for such situations.

Room Tip: Pay an extra couple of pounds and get a superior room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here again on June 13/14. Nothing had changed from the year before in June.

The Hotel was still spotless in all areas including the modern rooms. The service was still very good and efficient. My friend’s air con broke at around 6pm, he was moved immediately to another room as it could not be fixed.

It’s all about value for money and what you expect from a hotel.

For me personally I would not stay anywhere else in Alicante, but I was with my friend and it suited our needs. If you want a spotless clean, quiet hotel with no young children /teenagers running round, no young singles on stags, but you want a classy atmosphere with good service then this ticks all the boxes.

Yes it’s about a £10/15 min walk into the main areas, however it’s a pleasant walk.

Yes it could do with a safe in the room but you can hire a personal safe which you have your own key and access to 24 hours a day without asking at reception.

I agree the pool is small and there are not enough sunbeds or shade.

I agree the staff could smile a bit more on reception.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bob40
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is typical of AC hotels. This is a 4 star property. So it is very modern and clean. The air conditioning works well. The restaurant and bar are higher priced than neighboring businesses. This hotel seems to be for business people.

The property does have a very nice (small) rooftop pool.

The hotel is across the street from ship repair yards. It has a very industrial feel and is not pretty to view.

It is a 20-25 minute walk to the marina and a 30+ minute walk to the beach. If you are on a holiday I would look for a different property or be sure to have a car so you can get around.

The autobus station is 2 blocks away or a 5-10 minute walk.

I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Reservation made and paid in advance. No room available when I arrived and they sent me to another horrible Hostal. No explanation. I will never book a room in another AC Hotel in the world.We confirm we shall never again book a hotel AC in the world and make sure we let our friendsknow . a

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank CEM M
DireccionACALicante, Director General at AC Hotel Alicante, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Sir

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you suffered upon your arrival in our hotel. Unfortuantely, we had an unforseen technical problem in some of our rooms, which we were unable to repair in time to accommodate your reservation. The reception staff offered you alternative hotels which were available in the area, and the nearest to us was a 3 star hotel from an international chain were you finally stayed. I am very sorry if it was not similar to our standards as it was of a more discounted rate. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we may have caused you.