All reviews central location continental breakfast included in price budget hotel bed was comfortable short walk wifi signal tapas quiet at night great city checking out train station light sleeper fifth floor double room old town tv spain
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019

Nice and central friendly staff and clean hotel. Could do with triple glazing as a light sleeper I found it too noisy with traffic but this can only be expected staying in the city centre - did not spoil the break though and would recommend it to family and friends

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff couldn't be more helpful. It is located really central. The room was reasonably spacious bright clean with a nice balcony. Attached was great local bar with good beer and great tapas. All in all a great experience.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Amazing location of the hotel, only roughly 300 meters from the sea. The hotel itself is older, however with that location and price one can easily ignore some negative aspects of this hotel. I spent here total of four nights, firstly two and then fourteen days later another two nights.
For my both stays I made a reservation for single room, however in my first stay I was acommodated in double room for no extra charge. The room on fifth floor was small but cozy, nonetheless, the floor in bathroom was very sticky and the ceiling above the tub was very moldy and gave me a bit of fear that at some point it could fall on me. Otherwise the room was clean and as I said, for that price it was good. Big plus was the view of Santa Barbara castle from the window, big minus the big noise coming probably from the building across the street, maybe it is some condensator or something. The continental breakfast included in price was very nice, a piece of warm pastry, butter, jam, juice and water. I did not try tea or coffee so I cannot comment on their quality. Staff in cafe was very pleasant.
During my second stay I got a single room on fourth floor. Everything was very good in this room, only the wifi signal was a bit weak as the wifi router is located on every second floor (1-3-5 etc.). I would like to compliment on services of the female receptionist, I unfortunately don't remember the name but she was very pleasant and helpful.
To sum up, the hotel corresponds with number of stars, however, the price and location in the center and near the beach is so perfect that I absolutely want to go back in the future when I am next in Alicante.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Antonio M, Gerente at Hotel Cervantes, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Hello!

Thank you so so much for your visit and your stay with us. We are installing more routers for improve the signal problem and the bathroom ceiling is repaired now. We hope to see you soon again. Receptionist name is Encarna. Thank you very much.

King regards.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

This is standard no frills 2 star hotel and I've stayed in plenty of those in Spain but this is probably the best.

It's not tired,just basic, it's spotlessly clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful. I was on the 4th floor so found it quiet at night, the room was of decent size and the bed was comfortable. Air con was good and I had a safe. The only negative I have is the TV, it's 2018, who's going to bother watching an old 18" TV fixed high up on the wall, just rip them out! Wi-Fi was good and the code is provided to you on your arrival.

My deal included breakfast in the cafe but it's not a deal breaker as the same breakfast (toast, juice, coffee etc) is available all over Alicante for less than 2 euros. The cafe staff were great.

The location is great for everything, mins walk to the market, train station, beach. Shops and bars are all around you as is the C6 bus stop which I used for the airport 3:80 each way.

I've given in 4 stars, with no TV in the room and a min-fridge instead, it would be 5 stars.

I'll stay here every time I am in Alicante.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank bobby c
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I thought I booked 2 beds for my adult son and myself, but had only booked one bed. When we discovered the room had one bed, I asked the woman we had checked in with; she made a call to see if we could move to another room. She was cheerful and efficient in getting us a room with 2 beds. I was also to bring my small dog, with no extra fees. The parts of the room and bathroom we came into contact with were clean, although there was only one bath towel. It is a central location, with a short walk from the tram, the old town and beach/bay areas. There is a nice cafe attached to the hotel for beverages and snacks.

Date of stay: September 2018