“Visiting Algar and Guadalest”

Tortuga Tours Alicante
Ranked #13 of 36 Tours in Alicante
More attraction details
Owner description: Tortuga Tours offers tours to the Costa Blanca (Alicante). Tortuga Tours is formed by a team of Official Guides of Alicante, passionate about our jobs. We feel and love our land, and we will put all our dedication to enhance your experience of Alicante and the Costa Blanca, through numerous activities related to urban tourism.
Basel, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Visiting Algar and Guadalest”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent one hour at the Algar waterfalls and then we traveled to the Reservoir of Guadalest. We visited the historical village and the Castle, enjoyed the stunning view. On the way Felipe shared a lot of interesting informations about Alicante and the Costa Blanca. He was very flexible, friendly and helpful.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Monika S
TortugaTours, Manager at Tortuga Tours Alicante, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.
I hope you will come back here and have the chance to show you much more about this wonderful province of Alicante.

London, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Felipe passion for his city and culture is worth tapping into”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a trip to Elche with Felipe just a few days ago. As a guide he is very knowledgeable about the area and has a very friendly and informing personality. He picked us up from our hotel and talked to us about the area, history, about his family, geography...basically anything we wanted to know. His passion for his culture and the area is lovely and the personalised tour was very good value and highly recommended.

As for Elche we both enjoyed the trip to the palm tree city which included a walk through the old town learning it's history, a walk round the basilica (we paid two euros to climb the tower which had a lovely view of the surrounding area) and a visit to the botanical gardens. The latter was the highlight for us although it was all very good. We also had the opportunity to go to the museum in the 13th century castle but declined this as we wanted to stay outside as much as possible so there was much to enjoy on this trip for 45 euros per person.

Felipe also offered us a walk round tour of Alicante on the Saturday lunchtime however as we were returning home later in the day we declined on this occasion. A warm and friendly Spanish gent witha good knowledge of the region he is strongly recommended if you want a personalised tour of the areas around Alicante.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank GraceyUk
TortugaTours, Gerente at Tortuga Tours Alicante, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hello. The first thing I would like to do is thank you for the comment on "Trip Advisor".
I am so pleased with your feelings about the tour of Elche. And I am very happy that the view of the city and the palm-tree forest worth after going up several hundred steps on the tower :-)
I hope to see you again on the Costa Blanca. And then, we will do the walking tour of the city of Alicante that we missed.
Best regards,
Felipe Cutillas Turpin
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“tortuga tours”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

if you get the time and the chance then PLEASE go on these tours, PHILLIPE who runs these is great he is a registered tour guide and loves his city, we were going to go on a tour bus but missed it as we walked upto the harbour just passed the melia hotel we saw the tuk tuk and thats when he told us about the tours.it cost us 49 euros for the 2 of us for an hour but we were on for 2 and a half hours as we were not rushing anywhere he still only charged us 49 euros,we went all round alicante on the back streets to different places of interest,we went round a church and he explained everything.he stopped at a shop where they came out with nugate for us to try and stopped for a coffee break,he also stopped for us to try a natural drink it looked like watery milk but was refreshing as it was a hot day.at the end he asked where we wanted to be dropped off,as we wanted something to eat he took us to his friends restaurant and we had the best made sangria and a lovely sandwich and treated like we were good friends.we had such a good time we booked philipe to take us to castle santa barbara a day later again we were not dissappointed and we will book another trip with tortuga tours when we next go to alicante.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank judypat99
Hola! Thank you very much for your comments, to read that makes me very happy. By the way, the name of the drink we tried is Horchata hahaha I send to you a lot of happiness and hope to see you soon. Until then;-)
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Let Felipe give you a whirl through Alicante”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I got off a cruise ship without having booked a local excursion. Felipe was there with his little cart, offering a personalized tour for just a little more than what the big bus guys were shilling. I think most people thought it was too good to be true. I took him up on it, and another couple followed me. Then they backed out and headed for the big tour bus. I could see his disappointment. But true to his word, we set off with just me in the back seat, on a tour where he could drop us literally at the front door of places the big bus couldn't come close to. We beat the crowds all day.

And all day it was. Felipe is an excellent tour guide, but not such a good businessman. He may have improved, but I got him on his first week in business. What was supposed to be a 3 hour tour lasted almost six. We stopped for breakfast at a friend's cafe. Felipe picked up the check, because I hadn't changed money. We trooped all through the Santa Barbara Castle, churches, city hall, I don't know where all! This was at the start of a 27 day cruise, and my memory is a little fuzzy on landmarks. What I do remember is the incredible hospitality Felipe showed me. He would dash in a buy a little something so I could taste what he was talking about. He'd pull over and maneuver his little whatever you call that thing he drove so I could get just the right shot. We had tapas at another friend's bar....a whole big variety. Again Felipe picked up the check. We met more friends of his, and I felt like queen of the prom.

I FINALLY found a place to get some euros, and since the tour had lasted more than twice as long as was promised and so much had gone out of his pocket in the process, I was more than generous on the fee and the tip. But it was worth every euro and I smile just to remember. Great start to a great trip. You should BE so lucky to have Felipe show you Alicante.

Visited May 2012
7 Thank SusanJCobb
TortugaTours, Propietario at Tortuga Tours Alicante, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Querida Susana. Aún recordarás si escribo en español? ;-) Thank you for your comment. I think we had a great sunny morning in Alicante and maybe you were the most envied of the cruise lol when we passed the masses of those waiting for the bus to come up with all the others :-) Those two ladies probably regretted, but you and I really enjoyed getting to know my city. It was a very pleasant morning and I remind you with great affection. I hope you come back to visit us one day with a little more time. I will lead you to some other lovely places;-) That remains for our next time. Regards, Felipe