“Excellence Experience!!”
Review of Rancho La Ofra

Rancho La Ofra
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding through Guadalest Valley, Costa Blanca. Let us take you along the banks of River Guadalest and through the unspoilt mountains of the Costa Blanca. Individual tours: max. 4 Persons can take part! You do not have to be an experienced horse rider to take part on one of our guided excursions. Your horse will go in the pace 'walk' during the hack. After the tour snacks and drinks will be served for free! Important Information: The total duration of a tour is approx. 2.5 Hrs. Number of participants: min. 2 Persons, max. 4 Persons. Minimum age required on excursion is 12 years old. We also offer dressage and show jumping lessons for beginners and advanced students, arranged in either groups or private classes.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellence Experience!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I went to the ranch on the 28th with my partner and it was an amazing experience! The hosts of the trip were very welcoming and made it a personal and comfortable encounter! Jochen met us at Benidorm tran station and drove us to the ranch and was very informative on what we were to expect e.g. Food menu, company on the ranch and what we could do in the local area after the encounter. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Tanya and Stephy who showed us to the horses we would be riding and told us a bit about them. They ran us through the basics before the journey. The ride was about 2 hours through the valley and the scenery was beautiful. Despite the occasional barking dogs and cars going up and down the road, I was really surprised how relaxed the horses were with us riding on them. After completing the journey we were invited for a home-made snack - my first experience of Spanish food since being on holiday and it was great! The food was included in the initial price so it was at no extra cost. At the end of the day we said our goodbyes to Tanya, Stephy and the horses then Jochen drove us back into Benidorm where we spent the rest of the day in the town centre.

If you are looking for a PERSONAL experience with the horses at a pace you are comfortable with, Ranch La Ofra will not let you down! The team are prepared to work with people at all riding stages and you never have to worry about keeping up with those faster than you or being bored waiting if you are confident. Thanks again guys for the amazing encounter we will definitely visit again when back in Alicante!

Mauro & Dani.

Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
Oss, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing horseback ride through the countryside - also for beginners”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The ranch itself is beautiful and very clean, and the horses seem very well taken care of. Wish the road down to the ranch was as neat. Luckily there were signs pointing in the right direction, otherwise we might have passed the whole little road by...

Me and my mother booked a ride and arrived to find our horses, Orlando and Sox, already saddled. We were given helmets and my mom got a short lesson on controlling the horse. As a beginner she was very nervous about Orlando's height but our guide took her time to allow her to practice turning and stopping a couple of times.

Once she was comfortable, I hopped on Sox and a while later headed out with Stef, our guide for the day, at the front. We walked at a leisurely pace, with several pretty steep up- and downhills (or maybe I'm just used to riding on flat ground, living on the Netherlands.. :) ) down to the river. It's very relaxing to ride where you can barely hear any traffic! During the ride we chatted away with Stef and overall had a nice, cozy ride with the 3 of us.

Once we got back, we enjoyed a moment's rest with some lunch and cold beverages.

All in all a great experience, which is certainly doable even in January! When we went out it was about 15 degrees and sunny, and I think it was the perfect weather for riding. Not too hot, not too cold! What I do recommend is that if you go riding, you take a pair of gloves with you, as I came back with little blisters between my fingers.

Thank you Tanja, Jochen, and especially Stef for making our mother-daughter day out a great experience! Thanks to your friendly service, might be that my mom will come and ride more often at your ranch. :)

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Tiia_Vitikainen
Rockford, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing ride & awesome hosts”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to ride into the country side and where told of this place.
What a gem! The ranch is quite lovely in it's picturesque setting. Tanja & Jochen, greeted us warmly and were excellent hosts. We had coffee before our hack and cool drinks and tapas after we returned.
The horses were all wonderfully taken care off and a joy to ride.
Had such a great time!
We will be back with our children next year! Thank you Tanja & Jochen for a fantastic time.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and I had a great experience at the Rancho La Ofra. Tanja and Jochen, the owners, took us out on a long excursion, lasting two and a half hours. Even though we had ridden a couple of times before, it is always challenging to ride new horses but I felt completely safe with the horses of La Ofra. The owners were lovely and the view was spectacular. Overall a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Visited September 2013
Munich, Germany
“GREAT EXCURISON”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very friendly owners, excellent trained horses , perfect scenery. all in one a perfect experience. would love to come back soon. as soon as i and my friends arrived , we were very pleased to find such a clean and beautiful stable. and we had enjoyed our hack and the snack afterwards very much.

Visited November 2013